Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
brakes still squeak like a pig being castrated!!!
I had this same experience in a 360, Murcie, and E55

wtf? I drive really hard but pads are new????

what can i do

THANKS

·
Registered
431 Posts
brakes

Brakes should not squeel wether you brake hard or not. I think that they did not put any anti -squeel copper grease in between the pads and calipers. After fitting they should be worn in to settle (not brake hard for a few days), then all should be A OK!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
serviced at ferrari/maserati of silicon valley...
shouldn't they use copper grease? or by request?

i'll find out

THANKS!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i was told to drive it even harder so that the dust will get rubbed off...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was told to drive it even harder so that the dust will get rubbed off...
Thats the same thing i was told... and believe me... if you road shotgun with me you'd get what i like to call "the fear"

I drive my QP about as hard as anyone can...
(sometimes even terrorizing quiet suburban streets)

we'll see how it all pans out!
THANKS

·
Registered
74 Posts
Brake pads on performance vehicles are a harder compound out of the necessity for quick deceleration, You can replace them and it would be 50% chance of improvement. That's just the way these hard pads are. The toughness of the compound is the reason less brake dust is seen on the wheels, as compared to a stock BMW, Mercedes etc.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Brake pads on performance vehicles are a harder compound out of the necessity for quick deceleration, You can replace them and it would be 50% chance of improvement. That's just the way these hard pads are. The toughness of the compound is the reason less brake dust is seen on the wheels, as compared to a stock BMW, Mercedes etc.
Thanks for that gem. I was wondering why the wheels on the Masher were so much cleaner than my other cars

1 - 7 of 7 Posts