Maserati Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So took the mas to a local independent to get my oil change done, would have done it myself but I’m in the middle of doing a head job on my 7.3 with 400k on it. So this just happened and I’m at lunch on my way home so I haven’t dove into it at all, but yeah went to pick up the car and the ac wasn’t blowing, so I go through the controls and it feels like the slightest bit of cold air is trying to come out but there is absolutely no fan kicking on to blow into the car. Is there anything that makes sense that they would have been near a wire harness or plug that controls anything like that during the oil change, the shop wants me to bring it back in but they’re booked out for a couple weeks and it’s august in southern oregon and I need AC this time of year especially with the wildfires, don’t like breathing that air in. I did do a quick search but didn’t see anything in the first two pages that is similar. Other than checking fuses and connections anything I should look at when I get her home?

7,644 Posts
I don't see how you could change the oil and knock out the climate control...Sounds like the HVAC blower fan just died...I know everyone wants to blame car shops, but sometimes shit just breaks...Jason

· Premium Member
140 Posts
don't disagree, and not placing blame. Nothing I ever post is intended to be taken personally. Just saying it may (or may not be) coincidental that something worked going in, and didn't, coming out...and perhaps you might have had an idea for @Greenrose

Neither of us can see from here to Oregon...or, at least I can't!

· Registered
20 Posts
I did the reset procedure and she works! Thanks for the quick responses. Didn’t really think it was something the shop did, weird timing but just quirky Italian electronics 🤷🏻‍♂️
Hi Greenrose was wondering what the reset for ac was, also have 2000 7.3 with 200,000 and I was so happy, I bought another 2001 8 years later ( used) Too bad my 00 is rusted so bad I’m not sure I can bring it back to pass inspection in mass rust is big no no.

· Registered
20 Posts
Hi Greenrose was wondering what the reset for ac was, also have 2000 7.3 with 200,000 and I was so happy, I bought another 2001 8 years later ( used) Too bad my 00 is rusted so bad I’m not sure I can bring it back to pass inspection in mass rust is big no no.
Oops I see it in the other guys posts! Good luck and Maserati on ! Ciao!

· Premium Member
140 Posts
Oops I see it in the other guys posts! Good luck and Maserati on ! Ciao!

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I grew up in CT so I know the struggle with salted roads and rusted trucks. Luckily I live out west now, and picked the truck up from a guy in Arizona. It’s crazy working on a 22 year old truck with a frame clean enough to eat off of. Now the engine and heads were a diff story lol but hopefully by this weekend when the rest of her parts come in she’ll be damn near brand new again.

· Registered
20 Posts
I grew up in CT so I know the struggle with salted roads and rusted trucks. Luckily I live out west now, and picked the truck up from a guy in Arizona. It’s crazy working on a 22 year old truck with a frame clean enough to eat off of. Now the engine and heads were a diff story lol but hopefully by this weekend when the rest of her parts come in she’ll be damn near brand new again.
I sure wish I could find a cab for it the box support is beyond fixing according to a body shop, might have to get a second opinion as the diesels after and now totally suck especially with the def crap and the games the feds are playing. Best wishes I feel very fortunate to have stumbled upon the Maserati 4200 , I’ve never had a car like it!

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I sure wish I could find a cab for it the box support is beyond fixing according to a body shop, might have to get a second opinion as the diesels after and now totally suck especially with the def crap and the games the feds are playing. Best wishes I feel very fortunate to have stumbled upon the Maserati 4200 , I’ve never had a car like it!
Love my mas and my 7.3 and hate my newer explorer lol, keep an eye out for California trucks. Shipping might be a bit pricey these days, but they’re not allowed to drive 7.3s in Cali anymore lol so lots of fleet vehicles and personal trucks are being liquidated if your in the market for a pre def truck just FYI.

· Registered
2005 CC Coupe
96 Posts
Love my mas and my 7.3 and hate my newer explorer lol, keep an eye out for California trucks. Shipping might be a bit pricey these days, but they’re not allowed to drive 7.3s in Cali anymore lol so lots of fleet vehicles and personal trucks are being liquidated if your in the market for a pre def truck just FYI.
Cali really makes me wonder a lot! So what do they do if an out of stater comes rolling in driving a 7.3?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts