Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

So I need to get some new tires...

I have OEM Michelin Pilot Sports right now...

I was thinking of getting either another set of Pilot Sports, or maybe a set of Pilot Sport 2s...

Now I am thinking of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics....

Any thoughts? Who here who has used both a Michelin tire and the Goodyears has a view?

Or anyone for that matter! :D

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Don't know about Michelins, but Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics are amazing, 100X better than Pirelli Pzeros! And cheaper too ;)

Ali, with all the mods you have in your car you might need WIDER tires to handle all the extra hp!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I went to 245/35 front and 275/30 rear. It seems like it's the wider possible for the 19" OEM rims.

I've read you can go to tirerack.com and check the limits for your rims size.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have a few thousand miles on the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s and really like them so far. Seem much better suited to the hot climate over the Rosso Pirellis. They were just too soft. 6k and they were fried.
The 235/35ZR19 for the fronts are on super sale for 129 a piece right now!
Do you have 18 or 19's?
I must admit the next set I buy I'm considering the 245/35 front and 275/30 rear setup myself. The rims get so beat up that the extra rubber might help.
I'd like to hear some feedback on that myself.
Also who has opinions on the difference between the two Goodyear models? Are they both made in Germany?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Have had both the Michelins and the Goodyears and could not believe how much better the Goodyears were over the Michelins, like night and day. Whereas the Michelins always struggled to get the power down, the Goodyears were miles better and the difference in the wet was such that you could actually drive the car with a degree of enthusiasm without fear of being spun off the road. The Goodyears as a bonus also seem to last longer than the Michelins, which are significantly more expensive to start with. Hope this helps.

Carl

·
Registered
742 Posts
Try the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta tires

I had two sets of Goodyear F1s for the first 22,000 miles.

I did a little research and talked to a few people with the Vredestein Sessantas.

I gave them a shot. WOW.. I only have about 300 miles on them, but they are much quieter, and handle amazing! They will not break loose. You just stick.

A set of four installed cost me $750.00 ish...

So far I am very impressed! Check out the reviews.

CM

·
Registered
73 Posts
Do you know that Michelin makes that tire for Goodyear?

Stick with the Michelin's. PS 2's are fantastic.
Ali - I recently replaced my PS1s with the F1 Asymetrics and love them. Even if Michelin makes both tires, the F1s have much better grip and better tracking than the OEM PS1s. Road noise is less over-all except on grooved pavement. I can't compare them with the PS2s but I wouldn't go back to PS1s for any reason. They wear better too!

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have a few thousand miles on the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s and really like them so far. Seem much better suited to the hot climate over the Rosso Pirellis. They were just too soft. 6k and they were fried.
The 235/35ZR19 for the fronts are on super sale for 129 a piece right now!
Do you have 18 or 19's?
I must admit the next set I buy I'm considering the 245/35 front and 275/30 rear setup myself. The rims get so beat up that the extra rubber might help.
I'd like to hear some feedback on that myself.
Also who has opinions on the difference between the two Goodyear models? Are they both made in Germany?
I have them too (in the stock sizes 235/40/18F and 265/35/18R). I find them pretty sticky with predictable break away and good in the rain too. The best part is that they cost almost $500 less than the Michelins.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts