Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
3,448 Posts
Not a Goodyear fan...Michelin is the way to go IMO if you want expensive tires....Those kinda ultra performance tires like this are gonna wear like crazy on a heavy GT car like this and perform poorly in bad conditions ...Jason

3,448 Posts
Ok, but with that said..I just had a customer burn through a set of these in no time...I forget the mileage and they wore evenly, but I was like WTF it was so quick....No 15-20K here...I think if I drive the car everyday I would chose a cheaper tire personally...Sacrifice some performance for longer tread life....Just how would do it..Jason

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ok, but with that said..I just had a customer burn through a set of these in no time...I forget the mileage and they wore evenly, but I was like WTF it was so quick....No 15-20K here...I think if I drive the car everyday I would chose a cheaper tire personally...Sacrifice some performance for longer tread life....Just how would do it..Jason
Daily driver here... what would you go with for daily driving? I'm running the Pilot Sport tires right now and figured I'd stick with those. I mean.. I may want to take certain freeway transitions at 100mph+ in the curve, but I'm not racing through tracks/snow/ice... most of the time I'm just picking up kids, so I take it pretty easy on the drive back home, however, the drive there needs to be fun...

3,448 Posts
Honestly, some of these other guys may have better advice than me on a tire reccomendation.. I like those tires the best, but they are not cheap... I don't own one of these cars so I'm not tracking tire wear etc...Some of these guys have owned several different brands of tires and can report back with you better than me....Jason

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hello Mrbobdou,
I daily drive mine as well, you absolutely can't go wrong with a set of M Pilot Supersport or Sport4S tires. I'm closing in on 20k miles and i'm just about ready to start looking for another set in another 2 or 3k miles. Has been a very good tire throughout it's life span!

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
Michelins have been , and are on all my cars, with the Pilot Sport 4 S on the Maserati and the Porsche. The Maserati is my daily driver , logging on the average about 1,000 miles a month . I get about 15 K miles out of the 4 S tires, with a spirited driving m.o., but I don’t spin the wheels off the line.. On the other Michelins, for our SUV and the sedan, I get easily 25 K miles , but those are not ultra -high performance so they have a much higher tread wear rating . That aside, over the years I’ve tried many different performance tires form almost every top brand, and while many were OK, when all factors and pros and cons are considered , I find the Michelin Pilot Sport series to be by far the overall best. Just my experience .

·
Registered
230 Posts
Continental Extreme Contact Sports are another excellent choice and I run them on both my Miata and my Evora. Impressive especially in the rain.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Continental Extreme Contact Sports are another excellent choice and I run them on both my Miata and my Evora. Impressive especially in the rain.
Standard equipment on a lot of the BMW's i have had....Great tires!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts