Maserati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
This is not an executive car but a car used at the racetrack in Atlanta most likely. The positives to this is all these cars have new brakes, tires, and a new clutch. These cars were just sold at the DRIVE auction in Atlanta and almost all of them sold in the mid seventies at the auction. I cant believe they are selling it that cheap. Great deal for someone!

·
Registered
390 Posts
treuter said:
This is not an executive car but a car used at the racetrack in Atlanta most likely. The positives to this is all these cars have new brakes, tires, and a new clutch. These cars were just sold at the DRIVE auction in Atlanta and almost all of them sold in the mid seventies at the auction. I cant believe they are selling it that cheap. Great deal for someone!
Except that they've all had the living piss beaten out of them. I wouldn't buy one--I know what I did to the driving school M5s, and I was the nice guy out there.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
treuter said:
Taryn,

It seems to hint it was an executive car. Here's the exact wording....

2006 MASERATI GRANSPORT $112,897 MSRP
NEVER TITLED, NEW!!! MASERATI EXECUTIVE DRIVEN
ONLY 2,700 MILES SAVE $$$
CARFAX CERTIFIED
100% DEAL NO STORIES WITH THIS CAR

Buzz

·
Registered
128 Posts
i just forwarded this to my manager who is a "porsche guy" he is looking at a new 997.... but this gransport is sweet !!!!

what can i do to convince this guy who always says "PORSCHE IS THE BEST"

·
Registered
528 Posts
BeeYouZeeZee said:
Taryn,

It seems to hint it was an executive car. Here's the exact wording....

2006 MASERATI GRANSPORT $112,897 MSRP
NEVER TITLED, NEW!!! MASERATI EXECUTIVE DRIVEN
ONLY 2,700 MILES SAVE $$$
CARFAX CERTIFIED
100% DEAL NO STORIES WITH THIS CAR

Buzz
Do you expect them to say - Here is a car that 20 perfect strangers drove like they stole it? :D

I have little faith in the truthiness of used car salesman, Esp when they are not authorized dealers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
They can say executive driven all they want. The cars that are the real executive demos are ONLY sold to the dealers. They are not a Maserati dealer, and I know for a fact that about 8-10 gransports went through the drive auto auction in Atlanta, all with miles 2000-4000. They all sold in the low to mid seventies + recon + shipping etc. These were all race track cars. That is why it is never titled, etc. Ask them to see where they purchased it? Then you will know for sure.
THat auction was the first auction that Maserati North America sold cars to the public and not to the dealer body.
Here are the results from the sale. I took the prices out though. I will bet anyone a Maserati MC12 Lithograph that it was the last car on the list

Date Auction Sale Type Price Mileage Condi eng
12/13/06 ATLANTA Factory $xx,500 2,944 Above 8G Yes
12/13/06 ATLANTA Factory $xx,500 2,608 Above 8G Yes
12/13/06 ATLANTA Factory $xx,000 3,125 Avg 8G Yes
12/13/06 ATLANTA Factory $xx,000 3,111 Avg 8G Yes
12/13/06 ATLANTA Factory $xx,000 3,063 Avg 8G Yes
12/13/06 ATLANTA Factory $xx,000 2,362 Avg 8G Yes
12/13/06 ATLANTA Factory $xx,500 2,611 Avg BLUE 8G A Yes
12/13/06 ATLANTA Factory $xx,000 3,190 Below BLUE 8G A Yes
12/13/06 ATLANTA Factory $xx,000 2,750 Below GRAY 8G A Yes

T

·
Registered
339 Posts
MrTheKid said:
i just forwarded this to my manager who is a "porsche guy" he is looking at a new 997.... but this gransport is sweet !!!!

what can i do to convince this guy who always says "PORSCHE IS THE BEST"

easy, take him for a ride!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When you buy a used car you never really know it's history. It seems to me since it's *new* and never been registered, the 4 year warranty starts when it's purchased. And a couple of positive things come from track time... You know all the nuts are tight and you have a new clutch, brakes and tires. I think this is an outstanding deal and if I had the cash today............

·
Registered
82 Posts
Interesting that the Master Maserati program should have used cars with so many options. I would have thought that they'd be more likely to have used the GS version of the infamous 'strippers'. I don't suppose the CD changer or the Xenon headlamps were ever used. I too have been searching my soul to see if I can persuade myself to part with $78K.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'd rather buy a Gransport that's been driven hard then one that's sat in someones garage for a year.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
187 Posts
Whats the difference? Its under warrenty!
I bought mine with 2000 miles with no worries, I am sure nobody could have driven it harder than I drive my masi!

I drive more on the track with my car than on the road anyway.

as long as the paint and interior are mint, and the car passes a tech inspection.

Robb

1 - 16 of 16 Posts