Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1)Simple problem maybe but I can't sort it. The 2 vanity mirror lights and glove box light have never worked, since I got it. Bulbs ok but can,t work out which or if a fuse. Think I need a wiring diagram. Not related but look out for this. Following an "electrical failure go to dealer " I managed to replace a junk of the wiring loom that was getting trapped in the boot (top left black rubber thing). Several wires broken over time, number plate light, brake light failures, fuse blew.. Also caused an "engine control failure" but car ran ok, but that's another story. 2)Any good obd readers that can clear errors, the uk eBay selection seems confusing. 3)the sqeal on the brakes is an ongoing diagnosis. Cheaper pads fitted I suspect. Any help much appreciated.
Also posted on uk forum.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Formula Dynamic!

1)...2 vanity mirror lights and glove box light have never worked, since I got it.... Not related but look out for this. Following an "electrical failure go to dealer " I managed to replace a junk of the wiring loom that was getting trapped in the boot (top left black rubber thing). Several wires broken over time, number plate light, brake light failures, fuse blew.. Also caused an "engine control failure" but car ran ok, but that's another story.... 2)Any good obd readers that can clear errors, the uk eBay selection seems confusing. 3)the sqeal on the brakes is an ongoing diagnosis. Cheaper pads fitted I suspect. Any help much appreciated.
Also posted on uk forum.
Jeff at Formula Dynamics tells me he will have an updated OBD reader with many of the Maserati codes pre programmed in the next month or two.

As for brake squeal, I just replaced my front rotors with the FD replacements, removed the glaze from the OEM rotors, and replaced all the pads with his Kevlar performance pads. So far, no squeal what so ever, and the braking is very smooth and firm. Highly reccomend them. Will update as I put more miles on them. Unfortunately, have put car back in hibernation with recent snow!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Just be glad glad you didn't bust out the back window with that wire boot getting pinched.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts