Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do you guys think about trading a 2018 Ghibli SQ4 with a 2014 GT Sport under 11K miles?
I'd really appreciate your opinion and if someone has a specific experience with both would be great!

Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
GT is a way better looking and driving car
go 4 it!
Thanks for your response. I think I am going to save and wait for the new GT, upcoming in the next 2 years, or a Ferrari alternative. I love the style of both, I actually think that the Ghibli, especially with the exterior updates introduced in 2018, is great looking and more modern than the GT (matter of personal taste). The rear taillight of the GT are getting very obsolete honestly. The current GT was introduced in 2007 and almost unchanged since then. Performance wise my SQ4 430HP has a slightly better 0-60 than the GT and the Q4 system gives a lot of control and stability in all road conditions. Plus, until this year I needed 4 doors for family reasons. However the GT has a sweet spot in my heart, it is 100% old school Maserati built in Modena and that V8 is glorious, I was tempted, especially for the extremely low mileage. They also didn't offer any extended warranty, so I passed. ;)

·
Registered
348 Posts
END OF AN ERA. Regardless of collective future, the GTS V8 will always have that sound few can compare to.

·
Registered
138 Posts
So as someone who has both a 17 Ghibli SQ4 and a 14 GT MC, I can't say that I would trade either for the other. I thoroughly enjoy them both but for different reasons.

The GT is a ton of fun to drive, I have replaced the entire exhaust with Larini parts and it just screams under WOT. My friends joke that if it wasn't a Maserati, it would be redneck.
The Ghibli is probably my favorite daily driver I have ever owned. Back seat is not huge, but practical and has ample room for car seats and my golf clubs. Also with ECU tuning and similar performance upgrades it can perform as well as the GT. Plus it has modern conveniences like bluetooth audio and touchscreen that the older GTs just don't have from the factory.

·
Registered
54 Posts
What do you guys think about trading a 2018 Ghibli SQ4 with a 2014 GT Sport under 11K miles?
I'd really appreciate your opinion and if someone has a specific experience with both would be great!

Thank you!
Why not keep the Ghibli and get the GT? :)

I also have an '18 Ghibli SQ4 (Gransport) and am looking at 13-14 GT MC's with less than 25k miles ideally, so I understand where you're coming from! There are some sick deals for GTs right now...

I've always wanted the GT but live in a winter climate, so the Ghibli SQ4 was more practical and I couldn't live with having to drive a non-Maserati during the winter months. But now is the time to get my dream car with the deals that can be had! I'll probably end up getting the GT MC for half what my Ghibli cost since I ordered it new, how crazy is that!

I will post pics of both of them together if I pull the trigger...

·
Registered
54 Posts
So as someone who has both a 17 Ghibli SQ4 and a 14 GT MC, I can't say that I would trade either for the other. I thoroughly enjoy them both but for different reasons.

The GT is a ton of fun to drive, I have replaced the entire exhaust with Larini parts and it just screams under WOT. My friends joke that if it wasn't a Maserati, it would be redneck.
The Ghibli is probably my favorite daily driver I have ever owned. Back seat is not huge, but practical and has ample room for car seats and my golf clubs. Also with ECU tuning and similar performance upgrades it can perform as well as the GT. Plus it has modern conveniences like bluetooth audio and touchscreen that the older GTs just don't have from the factory.
+1 I feel exactly the same! Well said!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

Thank you!
GT is my vote, more bulletproof, generally speaking 👍

·
Registered
168 Posts
+1 for the GT. Really gives you a sense of occasion when driving it. Not many cars have that effect except other exotics. I have a car to drive when it's raining or snowing here in Vancouver. The GT is my summer toy. That should give you an idea of how it makes an owner feel about it. It's also the only car I've ever owned where I constantly look back at it when walking away. I owned a beautiful chrome blue Infiniti Q60 before and it turned heads like crazy (maybe not always for the better but it got noticed). My GT has achieved the same effect, stock and dare I even say it gets more attention. It's lines just work.

That being said, there is a Ghibli out there that looks absolutely incredible. I'd love to own one as well. So for those of you lucky enough to own both, I envy you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts