Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Can anyone help with recommendations for a good mechanic in the Southern California area for my 1969 Ghibli? I’d consider shipping the entire motor out if need be, but prefer someone local.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John....I'll give them a call

The Ghibli is on a carrier headed home:D.....when she gets here I'll post some pics

·
Registered
28 Posts
Don't know if you have found a mechanic you are happy with yet, but you can try idc in Redondo Beach. They are on Aviation. Talk to Dan; he has vintage Maserati experience. They have at least one Merak they service regularly for a local guy and work on all kinds of Italian exotics.

No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

·
Registered
217 Posts
You might try Ferrari Service in Costa Mesa. They did a PPI for me and the folks there are top-notch. They jokingly cringe when a Maserati is brought by since they deal mostly with Ferraris but it's all in good fun. I was chatting with one of the mechanics and he was saying that he used to do a lot of work on Ghiblis. Anyways, might be worth a shot. Michael is a good guy.

Here is a link to their website:

http://www.ferrariservice.com/

I would love to see your car sometime. Definitely post some pics when it arrives.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
If I may interject...

Talk to Eddie Rodriguez over at Azzurocorsa motorsports... He is a Ferrari and Maserati trained master mechanic... Just opened up his own shop (plus, he is right next to a VERY cool shop that specializes in vintage cars :p)

Eddie Rodriguez
(562) 650-1732
22025 S. Avalon Blvd. Carson, CA 90745

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Gentlemen...

I'll give them a call.....

I decided to dismantle my car down to the frame. I'm just about done. I built a dolly for her yesterday. Hope to have her out to be blasted by this weekend. She's an absolute mess but damn I'm having fun. I was going to start another thread here and post some of the zillion photos I've taken.

BTW I have spoken with a fellow by the name of Steve at Hollywood Machine Shop in Pasadena regarding rebuilding my motor....he seems like a very knowledgeable and reasonable man.

Thanks again for your suggestions

·
Registered
18 Posts
I believe that anyone familiar with older Alfa Romeos could do the job. The Ghibli is a very robust car and actually quite simple. That is not to say that care should be taken especially since the parts availability can be expensive. My 10 year old Ghibli back in the seventies was virtually trouble free. The only major work was to erebush the front end and Pico wheel did that without any fuss.

Good luck.

Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.