Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all hoping I can get some direction here.

2015 Ghibli won’t turn on and cluster flashes with no bus showing up on it,
push button does nothing,
Service shifter indicator flashing and shifter lights on knob flash and ticks.
key fob won’t work on car
Says hoods open when it’s closed

I changed the battery to no avail, any ideas? The cars stuck in park and the pull lever won’t allow it into neutral so not sure what to do or what’s going on. Thanks all

· Super Moderator
5,702 Posts
Changed or charged the battery? Sounds like a potential bad connection.

If you just try to turn it on (i.e. press start but with your foot off the brake) can you get the ignition on?

C

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Changed or charged the battery? Sounds like a potential bad connection.

If you just try to turn it on (i.e. press start but with your foot off the brake) can you get the ignition on?

C
thanks for the reply, I can get the Ignition on and actually get the car running and moving, No bus indicator is no longer on, however now

the windows won’t go down

puddle lights not on

alarm won’t sound or pick up remote

Screen still not turning on

climate control system not working, turns on but none of the buttons work.

When on and moving it’s saying car not in park, put in park to secure vehicle

passenger light and brake light are not working

I’m thinking it’s the BCM causing an issue. Called Maserati of central Florida to send it there. We’ll see what happens, I can’t find anyone that repairs them.

· Registered
2016 Ghibli
3 Posts
Just found a similar issue this morning with my 2016 Ghibli SQ4. I get every warning light, error code and message you can think of. I will get a "key fob not detected" message. "Service power steering", "service headlight assembly", "need to reset parking brake by pressing brake pedal and lifting parking brake lever twice" etc.

After I try to perform the parking brake reset procedure (I never use the parking brake so it wasn't engaged prior), it sounds like the car tries to start but fails to.

Possibly needs a battery replacement? I don't have my volt meter at home to test it. Could be original battery as I purchased it November of 2019 and have not replaced it.

Any help or experience with this issue is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

· Super Moderator
5,702 Posts
Battery seems a good place to start, but it's quite new. I was under the impression that the EPB goes on automatically, BTW. And comes off automatically as well.

If it's not the battery, you need a proper reset and / or code read and see where you go from there.

How often do you drive it and what's the weather like?

C

· Registered
2016 Ghibli
3 Posts
Battery seems a good place to start, but it's quite new. I was under the impression that the EPB goes on automatically, BTW. And comes off automatically as well.

If it's not the battery, you need a proper reset and / or code read and see where you go from there.

How often do you drive it and what's the weather like?

C
Thank you for the follow up. I did end up replacing the battery. Before I did, I used my battery jumper box and was able to start the car off that. The car started normally and all the codes and error msgs were gone from the dash. After I felt that was the issue, I went out and purchased a new battery and then installed it. Good to go it seems.

I am in New Jersey so we get all 4 seasons here. The car is my wife's daily driver so it gets driven 3-4 days out of the week. It was the original battery from 2016 so I can't say that it owed me anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts