Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had 4 blowouts in the last two Ghibli's. One 2 years ago in a 2015, and in the 2017 passenger front tire at 12K and last week both passenger side tires at 18K.

Maserati roadside service is the worst I have ever dealt with.

The first blowout was at 2 in the morning, said 2 hour window and they never showed.

This past Friday, it took them 4 hours to show up and tow the car to the dealer 1 hour away.

Couple of questions:

Does anyone have the contact details for the NA service manager for Maserati roadside service?

Pirelli tires are junk and does anyone have any input on changing brands away from them to another brand?

I have not had 4 blowouts in my lifetime, and now have had 4 in 2 years.

Have owned 4 Masi's, a QP, 2 Ghibli's, and now a Levante. With the roadside service (or lack thereof)
this will impact staying with the brand going forward. The Mrs. is not happy with two service calls and the lack of normal response time from Maserati to show up, even if they do.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
413 Posts
These p0s seem to be easily damaged with any pothole. I don’t know if it’s wheel design or the tires. All 4 corners had been replaced some times in the past 2-3 years and I just got tired of that and replaced all with Michelin ps4s. Not m+s like original tires but driver and rides nicer. Time will tell if it’s these wheels killing the tires or p0s are not good.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have read other cases where Pirellis blew out due to pot holes. It may be that they have a bad batch of tires, because what you describe is not normal. You should first go back to who installed the tires and see if they have had other complaints.

·
Registered
248 Posts
this will impact staying with the brand going forward

Maserati doesn't manufacture tires and they don't fix potholes. Be mad on the tire manufacturer and your local authorities. The roadside assistance service is not provided by Maserati, they merely pay local contractors to offer that service.

You can also pay more attention to the road and avoid hitting potholes :nerd:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Get yourself some Premium AAA coverage and switch to a Michelin tire..... you won't look back, on either!!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maserati doesn't manufacture tires and they don't fix potholes. Be mad on the tire manufacturer and your local authorities. The roadside assistance service is not provided by Maserati, they merely pay local contractors to offer that service.

You can also pay more attention to the road and avoid hitting potholes :nerd:
That is a wonderful grasp of the obvious I had no idea that Maserati does not make tires or fix potholes. Wow, glad to get that nugget of information I can sleep better. FYI these happened to my lady and like I said in the OP, 4 blowouts, all on pirelli's within 2 years. Maserati roadside service did not show up on the first call (1 AM) and the second call took 4 hours. We live 10 minutes north of Boston so it is not like there are not any contracted tow companies in the area. The level of service is horrendous, period. There is no excuse for that level of service in today's world with the competition out there.

Take a call from your wife when she is stuck on the side of the highway and in a panic, then tell me how great maserati roadside assistance is. They fucking blow. It is not normal to have that many blowouts with mileage that low on tires. Don't give me the performance angle that the dealer started to spew either.

Called AAA and upgraded to that package, thanks for the tip.

Anyone have the NA service manager's contact?

-M

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had a 2016 Ghibli for almost 3 years - 4 blowouts. The tire place loved me. Pa roads and I am suspecting something else, but I am not the mechanical type to know enough.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yeah..... AAA has been on some 'next level' service around here lately, must be a competition thing! Even got a free oil change coupon in the mail with quality oil and filter, $0.00 out the door. Of course, I gave it to the GF and she used it on her Hyundai Santa Cruz.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've blown 3 of 4 pirelli all seasons in 14 months. On my previous ghibli, it came with pirelli summers, which I immediately swapped to BF Goodrich all seasons, and those BF's all lasted 3 years without a blowout under the same daily driving conditions.

It's definitely the pirelli tires.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Today had another tire failure. This is a total of 4 tires on this car that has 19K miles in 2 years into a 3 year lease. The passenger front tire was replaced by TFT 4 months ago and the tire has about 4500 miles. I am beyond livid.

Pirelli's are shit and and I'll be on the blower with them tomorrow. I'm sure they could give a fuck less. If we stay with Masi going forward, the next car will be negotiated without the Pirelli's. If they won't do that then the masi dealer can go fuck themselves too. I'll buy a Caddy, MB, Lexus, whatever.

Pissed is an understatement.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles and i fully agree with you assessment. In my own experience, Pirelli's have never been the best tire choice for me either!
Good luck to you, and give Michelin's a go!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Timado,

I thought I was seeing things. I grabbed the Mrs. car and cleaned it drove home on the highway, did not hit anything, feel any bumps or mishaps. TPM went from 38 to 25 to 12 - 3, uh oh. Inside sidewall was pissing fix a flat when I put air in it. Nothing hit, nothing collected, just a blow out. If she was driving I would have thought something was hit, but that is not the case. Look at the Pirelli's, sneeze at them, fart on them, talk to them, they will fail. Great product - Not. I will never have a street set of Pirelli's again. Funny as a road racer we are thinking of doing some Trans AM races next year and who is the tire sponsor? Yup - Pirelli

1 Blowout - OK
2 Blowouts- Hmm
3 Blowouts - WTF
4 Blowouts - Piece of shit product, the engineers should kill themselves for developing the tire and the marketing and sales people should join them.

All this under 20K miles with the new tire replaced 4500 miles ago.

I'll post my findings with PNA, I am sure they could care less.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts