Maserati Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
I posted this on some other thread here, but in the greater Los Angeles / Beverly Hills and Newport Beach area ( I drive down there several times a year ) where Ferraris and Lamborghinis are as common as fleas, and where hotels and restaurants valets scramble to park the most attractive cars up front , on display for everyone to admire, the GTS , more often than not , manages to get top billing in that respect, If there are just a few spots available , the valets will move more expensive cars out of the way and park them in the second row to make room for the GTS right up front .. there is something about its looks that compels serious attention . Even in the company of some of the most exotic vehicles you can imagine ..

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
I know this is subjective , but I still prefer the looks of the DB 11 to the GTS...just a little more, although certainly not by as much of a margin to justify the cost difference - not only the price point, but maintenance costs, when you add all of that up.
Besides, the GTS sounds better ( also subjective ) and again, not by a lot, but enough to make it an easy decision which car to pick .

·
Registered
199 Posts
Aston Martin DB11 is indeed a work of art. Its OK to love it..
I live by the "a man's got to learn his limitations" CE mentality.
Sure I'm a James Bond fan....LOTUS.... and a DB5 is one of the sexiest cars ever built, but I just can't afford the maintenance, nor do I want to.
Pinninfarina has sculpted many of the most timeless designs in the automotive world. I think our GTS is one of them, and probably one the the prettiest Maserati's of all time as well. JIMHO.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey all, after 3 years of pining, I purchased a 15' Granturismo Sport last Thursday. I went with black on red (MC Sport Line trim) and I figured that black would be lowkey. However, that has not been the case. Every time I'm driving, I hear someone call out "MASERATI!" as I drive by. People stare at me at stoplights. When I look at them, they look away quickly, but then I catch them staring at me afterwards. Tonight, when I was filling up my car for the first time ever, this old gentleman shouted out "MASERATI!" and "MASERATI COUPE!" over and over. I smiled and looked down to pump my gas, but he came over and started talking to me. I basically got a ten minute life lesson which mainly consisted of advice such as to never get married, and to watch out for golddiggers. This has never happened to me before, and I'm a pretty introverted person so it definitely made me feel uncomfortable. I had an AMG prior to this and received nowhere near this amount of attention. I've also been recorded as I've driven by. I've seen people stop in their tracks to watch me pass. I'm from a wealthy area so I see quite a handful of exotics, but I never expected GT ownership to be this intense.
I love it when I drive mine... I had a guy speed up in his Lamborghini just to pass me on the highway and give me a thumbs-up as he inched by ;)

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
I could be wrong, but I don’t think the overwhelming majority of people who buy this car, do that because they seek tne attention and admiration or envy from others, but that’s just something that goes with the territory with most gorgeous cars .

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
Well.... don't talk/type us to death! 😝 Show yourself, woman! LOL
And since I would never request that of which I'm not willing to do myself, I'll go first.
(me and my 'Dude Crew' I'm on the far left) View attachment 128440
Ok, since "timado404" . took the first step to reveal himself, I'm going to do the same, but as you'll see in the photo, mine is a global scale revelation, which solves a long held Top Gear mystery.. 😊 ( but the photo is about 8 years old...there's a hell of a lot more gray hair now.. ) 😟

DS stig.jpg

·
Registered
595 Posts
Ok, since "timado404" . took the first step to reveal himself, I'm going to do the same, but as you'll see in the photo, mine is a global scale revelation, which solves a long held Top Gear mystery.. 😊 ( but the photo is about 8 years old...there's a hell of a lot more gray hair now.. ) 😟

View attachment 128499
Good man 👍

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think the GT is a nice car but it's all old technology already. People do look at times but I never care...didn't buy for any attention. It is nothing to shout about...not like a rare P1 or Bugatti. I guess it all depends on where you live and drive.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I love the raw primitive nature of the GT, i don't much care for tech in cars....I don't want to be entertained in my car, i'd rather be thrilled! A big difference.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts