Maserati Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
UPDATE:

Sadly, the car is in still the garage after my last message ... :(

The garage quoted almost USD 2,000 to get a TCU with the same software number. Part# 2306441. Software version CFC301F.64

I found a TCU from a Quattroporte locally for USD400 approx but not a SportGT version. Almost the same Software # (CFC301F.63), but different part# (219347)

We tried it with a brand new F1 pump as well... The car started... gear is shifting... car is driving.... but it is not driving properly. High RPM with slow speed. They said it is because my car is SportGT and the TCU that I got is not the same.

Is it really not possible to reprogram a TCU to the same software version?

Any leads where I can get a cheaper TCU with part# 219347 with Software version CFC301F.64 ?
There are a number of part numbers for QP TCUs. To the best of my knowledge, there are three "groups" of compatibility, maybe 4 but there are like 8 or 9 different part numbers. Being a late model Sport GT, you'll need one from a late model Sport GT. There were many adjustments made in that MY that controlled shifting.

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
UPDATE:

Sadly, the car is in still the garage after my last message ... :(

The garage quoted almost USD 2,000 to get a TCU with the same software number. Part# 2306441. Software version CFC301F.64

I found a TCU from a Quattroporte locally for USD400 approx but not a SportGT version. Almost the same Software # (CFC301F.63), but different part# (219347)

We tried it with a brand new F1 pump as well... The car started... gear is shifting... car is driving.... but it is not driving properly. High RPM with slow speed. They said it is because my car is SportGT and the TCU that I got is not the same.

Is it really not possible to reprogram a TCU to the same software version?

Any leads where I can get a cheaper TCU with part# 219347 with Software version CFC301F.64 ?
Also, you mentioned the local TCU had the different part number but after you asked to locate that same part number (219347). Which part number are you seeking, exactly? I will make some calls. I know a dismantler in FL who may have what you need.

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Any development @ErikDiSomma ?

Thank you!
I just left a message this morning. Sorry for the delay - I had to find the phone number. If you want, feel free to reach out to them - 813-300-1020.

Also, here is a link to an eBay listing for your part with the correct SW version:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/B875-M139-MASERATI-03-12-QUATTROPORTE-F1-TRANSMISSION-TCU-TCM-MODULE-230641/132989232709?epid=1717853109&hash=item1ef6c6a645:g:VsUAAOSwbjNciuQn

I will let you know if I get a response from the dismantlers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Thank you Erik for the lead. The part just arrived in Dubai today. There's 1 pin that is bent... I hope it works...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
One pin is bent and it is not working... :( is it complicated to remove the whole pin assembly from my old tcu and replace the one that I got from Ebay?

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
One pin is bent and it is not working... :( is it complicated to remove the whole pin assembly from my old tcu and replace the one that I got from Ebay?
Wow, that's a tough call. I'm not sure what risk is involved in opening that up. I would suspect that there would be many delicate solders you'd need to deal with, so I am not sure. It is a shame that the pin issue wasn't indicated on the eBay listing!

Are there any local ECU rebuilders?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Wow, that's a tough call. I'm not sure what risk is involved in opening that up. I would suspect that there would be many delicate solders you'd need to deal with, so I am not sure. It is a shame that the pin issue wasn't indicated on the eBay listing!

Are there any local ECU rebuilders?

Not that I'm aware of. But the garage said one shop will do it for 250usd.

Seller is okay with full refund. Just got a message now offering a partial refund of usd150 if I can try fixing the pin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You need to replace the clutch and then have the clutch set up properly using a SD3.

I had exactly the same error, car drives and then all systems off. Unable to start and once temporarily started unable to shift gears.

In the end the F1 pump tested and worked fine but changed as a precaution for a brand new item.
New CHF fluid and bleed,
New clutch with Hill engineering bearing, full clutch set up.

Car now drives perfect.

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
You need to replace the clutch and then have the clutch set up properly using a SD3.

I had exactly the same error, car drives and then all systems off. Unable to start and once temporarily started unable to shift gears.

In the end the F1 pump tested and worked fine but changed as a precaution for a brand new item.
New CHF fluid and bleed,
New clutch with Hill engineering bearing, full clutch set up.

Car now drives perfect.
That is a likely solution, but I wouldn't say he "needs" to do that.

Someone with the proper equipment and an understanding of the system can program the car with the existing clutch, however you would need to do some estimations and tailor your programming accordingly. This is why I mentioned earlier that if another compatible TCU works in his vehicle, it is because the parameters are already set within a allowable threshold. To further troubleshoot, I would have not only tested the working TCU in the problem vehicle, but also tested the problem TCU in the donor. That would have verified if the issue was hardware related, assuming that the NCR settings are close enough to allow both cars to drive.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts