Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, today while driving my 2004 Coupe with F1, when I parked the car and turned off the ignition the gear display was showing an F. It also had a few warning symbols showing but I can't remember which ones. I closed the door and locked the car with the remote, but the display was still lit for the warnings and the F was still showing in the gear indicator position. I opened the door and got back in and started the car as normal, 1st shifting it to neutral, which showed an N and it started like normal and there were no warning lights on. I drove home about 7-8 miles and everything operated as it should upshifts and downshifts etc. Nothing abnormal. When I got home I parked the car and when I turned the ignition off and took out the key the F was back in the gear display. I ended up using the battery disconnect switch in the trunk and powered everything down for 30 seconds or so. Once I repowered it back up with the disconnect switch the F was gone in the display and the alarm was on. I turned the alarm off with the remote and no lights were on. Everything seemed normal. I went and got my code reader thinking that maybe there would be a stored code........no stored codes and no pending codes. I should have checked it while the F was showing in t he display. I just went through the entire owners manual and did not see any reference to the F in the display for which gear you are in. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks Mark

·
Super Moderator
4,786 Posts
Never heard of such a thing I'm afraid.

C

5,270 Posts
Best I remember that means the A/C system is low on freon...I'm at my house and don't really have all my manuals to look at for a 4200...Jason

Reactions: Catmanv2

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate it. It was more worrisome than Freon of course. Hasn't happened again.......so... will keep an eye on it.

I appreciate both of your help on this. I looked in the owners manual knowing that would be limited.

Thanks Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts