Maserati Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading in this forum that Shell V-power is the way to go with Maserati I started using it this season. But I noticed that every time I fill up the car with V-power a strong smell of gas comes up while driving, it was so bad the other day that I had to open the window .

this never happened last summer when I used to fill up super 93.

is it the gas or you guys think the car got another issue that I am not aware of ?

thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Definitely get it checked out. I had an issue where a gasket on the fuel tank (I think it was where the fuel filler pipe connected) was leaking. Having owned an MG in the past, I was so used to the delightful odor of fuel, that I found myself enjoying it (or used to it). But thankfully, I did get it looked at and fixed before something really nasty happened.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sometimes while refueling the car we go for that extra drop and keep putting fuel until you can see it at the brim.

What happens is that the charcoal filter box gets contaminated with gas and no longer servers as a filter...result fuel smells goes into the cabin.

Permanent action, do not over fill the tank, once the hose drops for the first time quit pumping gas.

Possible solutions, you can charge the charcoal filter canister and I will guess has to be expensive. Also you might want to ride it out and most probably it will dry out by itself, this could take time depending on how much fuel got in the container

·
Registered
103 Posts
Any time, glad to help.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I'd get the gasket checked just in case. Why wait until something bad happens?

It happened in my car last year and it was a loose hose.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
BeeYouZeeZee , I smoke all te time in the car :)
if you can smoke & drive at the same time.....then you're not driving fast enough:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts