Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 GS fills the garage with a clearly noticeable gas smell after my 12-mile commute.

Is this normal? I've checked, no gas drips on the floor. Car drives great otherwise.

·
Registered
77 Posts
DeaneG said:
My 2006 GS fills the garage with a clearly noticeable gas smell after my 12-mile commute.

Is this normal? I've checked, no gas drips on the floor. Car drives great otherwise.
Did u recently fill up, maybe some overflow residue...?..Loose cap?:confused:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, it always smells the same after a drive. It also has a very slightly rough idle, not sure if that's normal, related, or irrelevant.

·
Registered
77 Posts
odorless.....

DeaneG said:
Nope, it always smells the same after a drive. It also has a very slightly rough idle, not sure if that's normal, related, or irrelevant.
My '06 has absolutly NO gas smell after driving...u may have a loose fuel line that may be evaporating on hot engine....get it checked out!:cool:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a trip to the dealer is imminent.

How about your idle? Is it smooth, or slightly rough, like an occasional slight miss?

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Definitely get it checked out. In my case, it was a leaking fuel tank gasket (repaired under warranty). I was used to the wonderful smell of fuel from having owned a few MG's, but eventually decided to have it checked out. Glad I did!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Would suggest lighting a match to really try to get at the root of the problem, but that could be counterproductive.

Get to the dealer. Nothing about fuel odor is worth taking your chances with.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I went for a drive and put my nose in places it didn't belong around the engine... nothing obviously awry. I still can't exactly tell if it's a gas smell or something else, like burning-off oil or paint (car has less than 2K miles). My wife's new Lexus smells invisible, that's all I have for comparison!

Got a service appt next week to have a look, hope they find something to fix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts