Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting about 190 miles per tank on my 2005 GS. That is a little over 10 miles per gallon. Granted I tend to do some spirited driving at times, but I generally don't drive in rush hour traffic and spend a lot of time on the freeways. I always check my tire pressure, and I just had a tune up and replaced the air filter. Is this normal, or do you think this is something worth checking out? Thanks.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Sounds about the same as I get on my CC. Just filled up today and got 199 miles out of the tank, for a whopping 10.9 MPG.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Are you bragging or complaining?
Speed costs money...
Drive safe

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I am getting about 190 miles per tank on my 2005 GS. That is a little over 10 miles per gallon. Granted I tend to do some spirited driving at times, but I generally don't drive in rush hour traffic and spend a lot of time on the freeways. I always check my tire pressure, and I just had a tune up and replaced the air filter. Is this normal, or do you think this is something worth checking out? Thanks.
Seems low to me. I get 14 MPG in mixed mode driving, and closer to 20 MPG on highway trips, even when pushing up towards triple digits.

·
Registered
173 Posts
You should be doing better. The GS is certainly no eco-mobile, but 11-13 mpg in mixed city driving and 18-19 at steady highway speeds is what I'm seeing on mine, with 3500 miles on the odometer.

·
Registered
329 Posts
You should be doing better. The GS is certainly no eco-mobile, but 11-13 mpg in mixed city driving and 18-19 at steady highway speeds is what I'm seeing on mine, with 3500 miles on the odometer.
I have a '02 Coupe' GT getting about the same mileage as Bluestreak's.

But seriously.... gas mileage concerns ? it's a Maserati for goodness sake.

For those of you who rememeber the early 80's .... the Maserati QP III was the "least fuel efficient" car imported into the USA at that time.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have a 2003 Coupe GT. I drive around 10 miles round trip each day. Most of it on surface streets. My MPG is around 14 MPG. On the High Way I have seen 19-21 @ around 70 MPH.:)

·
Registered
284 Posts
I wasn't doing either, just telling the facts. Most of my drive is light traffic, on one highway only trip I did manage almost 20 MPG.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I get 14.5-15.1 very consistently in 50/50 stop-go and freeway driving, from new to 6K miles on my 06 GS.

Just got my highest mileage ever, 15.3mpg, after switching to the miracle Denso spark plugs.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the benchmarking. I will give it a few more tanks and see if it gets better. It is true that I did not buy this car for the gas mileage - I would gladly sacrifice gas mileage for that engine sound every day of the week - I just wanted to make sure my car wasn't out of whack.

RP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts