Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok; so I fill up this week.....and down the road my gauge bounces from full to half and back, call the dealer thinking it is send unit or pump; he is not sure the setup on the 4200 coupe; says some have the parts together and some are seperate depending on which model; I guess with the Ferrari's, Astons and all he cannot keep it straight; telling me it could be from $800 to $2000 including draining the tank...........whatever Mr Stealer, ANY IDEAS, he says this is not common BUT is reported! dogdoc:mad:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any ideas guys? ALL LOOKERS, I need advice plz!

I see 20 folks have read the thread but no ideas on the problem; anybody? thanks, Dogdoc:confused:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Same problem in ML

My wife has a MB ML350 that had the same problem. As it was under warrenty, dealer said that it was likely a software glitch. When we picked the car up, the service manager told me that they did a software update and the problem should go away... and it has. Don't know if Masers guage is direct reading from a sender unit or through a computer but might be worth checking. Lots of folks on this forum can probably respond.

Save Ferris,

Ollie

·
Registered
71 Posts
In the older cars something like that will be caused by a loose wire on the sending unit, usually in the trunk. Sometimes the connection needed to be tighten, but I am not sure this is the case here. It's worth to try it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts