Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,329 Posts
Nope, and I've have the door itself (not the hinge or lock) completely apart when the panel decided it didn't need to be attached anymore.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave, well this is what happened. The other day i went to get gas. I hit the button in the glove box and heard the door unlatch, but when i went to the side of the car the door was not unlatched. So then i kinda wiggled the gas door a little and end up pushing the door in and it got stuck there. So i went back home to get a small curved pick to pull the door out successfully. Aweek or so later while i was waxing the car i opened the gas cap door to clean in there and i found this clip. Dont know what to think of it

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thanks Dave, well this is what happened. The other day i went to get gas. I hit the button in the glove box and heard the door unlatch, but when i went to the side of the car the door was not unlatched. So then i kinda wiggled the gas door a little and end up pushing the door in and it got stuck there. So i went back home to get a small curved pick to pull the door out successfully. Aweek or so later while i was waxing the car i opened the gas cap door to clean in there and i found this clip. Dont know what to think of it
Just based on your symptoms, I'd suspect that the clip is part of, or is the spring that opens the door. When you press the glove box button, it causes the fuel door latch solenoid to pull in, releasing the fuel door. A spring opens the door itself. If the door spring is broken, the door won't open and the latch will reset when you release the button.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, the door still pops open and snaps shut like normal so i dont know what to think except if its not broke dont fix it haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts