Maserati Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
MrD, you da man!
This is great info. clears up almost all the questions on the 07 QP Automatic. now we just need to figure out the specs. may be similar to the 8C?

Thank you!

"
Vehicle Enhancements Include:

1. New V8 Engine (only for Automatic)
2. New Automatic Transmission
3. New Transmission Layout
4. New Central Console
5. New Electronic Parking Brake
6. Updates to the Exterior Color Palette
7. Updates to the Leather Range
8. Updates to the Interior Trim
9. New Interior Coding Changes and Options
"

it seems good news to current QP owners, as their cars will at least not get outdated in the engine specs.
however, it is interesting to note that the QP Sport GT will also get the AT.

IMO the central console looks terrible.....

and with the dual zone interior colors, we will be seeing some pretty wild colored QP's....... -_-"

·
Registered
246 Posts
MrD
Great info! Now if you can duplicate your magic for the new couple and new spyder!!!
I am particularly interested in what is going on with the new spyder, and pretty disheartened that the current rumors have it using a 6 cylinder Alpha motor.
Mike

·
Registered
146 Posts
Firstly its Alfa not Alpha......but the good news about the Coupe/Spyder is its a Ferrari derived V8 just like the current car. It strangely has an option of an automatic gearbox (like the QP in this thread) with paddles OR a manual sequential gearbox with paddles (like the current Coupe CC)

MikeA said:
MrD
Great info! Now if you can duplicate your magic for the new couple and new spyder!!!
I am particularly interested in what is going on with the new spyder, and pretty disheartened that the current rumors have it using a 6 cylinder Alpha motor.
Mike

·
Registered
246 Posts
Sorry about the Alpha typo.
Glad to hear the new Spyder is going to have a V8 and retain a CC style gearbox. I may wait now to see what actually comes out. I was thinking of getting a Gallardo Spyder in mid-2007 or so. The Maser is just a lot more practical, and while not the monster that the Gallardo or F430 is, it is enough for me!
Any ideas on when the new Spyder will actually ship?
Thanks.
Mike

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i think a gallardo spyder is on a different level than a maserati spyder in 2007. if you are spending that sort of money and like maserati, perhaps the 8C spyder is a better choice.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Of course, the Lambo is a different animal and at least twice the price. If the next generation of Maser Spyders maintains pretty much the same vital statistics (V8, 400+ HP, F1 style tranny, decent storage), and it comes out within the next 18 months or so, I will get another one.
My quandry is that it isn't clear yet that this is going to happen. The rumor mill on the spyder has been a lot weaker than the coupe, both wrt timing and features. For example, it was stated it would have a Alfa derived six cylinder engine for quite some time, and would have a folding hardtop. Spy photos have been nonexistent, although given most or all have been mules anyway, so this may not be an indicator of status.
Given I am pretty committed to a convertible, and one that is a performance, racing derived machine, and not a mass produced car like a BMW or Porsche (not starting a flame on those cars - they are indeed pretty awesome), my choices are pretty slim - Maserati, Ferrari, Lambo, ??? If there is an 8C Spyder in the US in the next 18 months, I will certainly consider it, although, IMHO, the styling isn't on par with the previously stated cars.
Keeping my fingers crossed for the next generation Maser Spyder.
MikeA

M! said:
i think a gallardo spyder is on a different level than a maserati spyder in 2007. if you are spending that sort of money and like maserati, perhaps the 8C spyder is a better choice.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
from what is available, the 8C coupe will be available in the US in 2007, and the 8C spyder will be available in 2008.

at least we are already seeing the production 8C being shown. the coupe is not even in sight.

i believe most 'news' now dismissed the previous V6 rumors already....

·
Registered
530 Posts
Everything I've seen says there will be 500 8C coupes and no 8C Spyders.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
MrD said:
Different Engine? Trans not in the rear?
In the future PLEASE do not post internal corporate information like this. This is a great community and something I have worked hard to keep clean and fun. Posting something of this nature will only hurt us, not help us. Thanks for your understanding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.