Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the latest C&D (July, 2006) and on page 36-37 is a write-up and pictures. Speculation on a 4.5 liter version of the current engine with an estimated 500 hp. Probably in the $130-150K range. Also, mention a smaller 2-seat proposed roadster at $70K. There is more info about a true auto transmission and shortened (114 inches vs 120 inch QP) wheelbase. There may be a link on C&D's website, but I haven't checked.
Leo :)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
if the QP weren't a "quattroporte", its styling is very much a four door coupe (much more so than the CLS).

who it's competitors? CL63? M6? (price is much cheaper...) Contiential GT? DB9? or... 612???????!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
eclou said:
Rapide? Panamerica?
rapide is projected by some to be around $250,000...

panamera, not panamerica, another four door coupe, is not going to be here until 2009... projected to be 150k Euro.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Impressive. Maserati is making a come back in a huge way. They will be major players if they play their cards right and take a big chunk out of the ho-hum Porsche lineup.

·
Registered
74 Posts
They are making a big comeback, but now I think it is imperative that they offer an extended warranty program. They have to demonstrate that they are willing to support their programs.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Not up on the site yet, give it a couple of days as they still have last month's articles posted.

The Spyder rumored to have the Alfa V6 in it.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I just hope this is really the direction they go in. What we need is a 500hp version, what we don't need are these S.U.V.'s (Kubang) and V6 Spyders they've been talking about. I don't want Maserati being the next Porsche personally.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
unfortunately the CEO is constantly talking about production number.

i wanna see a V12 QP royale. i wanna see a V8 spyder with retractable roof.
i wanna see a Supersport.
and yes, they should save the V6's for the alfa romeos.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Personally I wouldn't mind seeing the new Spyders with the V-6 - just raises the residual value on the ones we already own. :D

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
good find! i wonder how close it will look... the fender gap is unreal!
the only thing i dislike is the E90-ese headlight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts