Maserati Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

Registered
No kidding it would be difficult, at least to my way of thinking. Argh 馃槓.
Now, what about trying instead, on a QP-V that already has SOFAST3+ (that is to say, a VIN above 21925) - trying to get a CFC301F.64 NCR into it. I believe this is the NCR that was applied to the 2007 Sport GT... and it was the last and apparently best development of the F1 transaxle for the QP-V... and was as good as, at least, the Alfa 8C's arrangement, and was only latterly improved-on by the GT MC shift in the USA, for model year 2009 only. Can this be done instead?

Registered
Does Maserati tie NCR model numbers (i.e. TCU versions) to car VIN numbers, so as to prevent an individual from modifying, say, a base-model or an Executive... turning it into a Sport GT (or at least some aspects of it into a Sport GT)?

Registered
Does Maserati tie NCR model numbers (i.e. TCU versions) to car VIN numbers, so as to prevent an individual from modifying, say, a base-model or an Executive... turning it into a Sport GT (or at least some aspects of it into a Sport GT)?
Anyone know the answer to this? For model year 2007 the Sport GT has a more advanced version of the TCU than does the Base or the Executive, i.e. for the DuoSelect versions of the car.

Super Moderator
Anyone know the answer to this? For model year 2007 the Sport GT has a more advanced version of the TCU than does the Base or the Executive, i.e. for the DuoSelect versions of the car.
In the absence of anyone else chiming in.....
...I don't think so, no. But it might well need a proxi alignment to get them to talk to each other.

C

Super Moderator
It's where you get all the nodes on the system to speak to each other correctly. Needs a diagnostic tool. Not sure if any of the after market ones can do it

C

Registered
Thx. You know this upgrade, then, could be done on any 2006+ DS QP-V (after the spec'd-above VIN number). That is to say on a SOFAST3+. It apparently makes quite a positive difference.

I wonder if the change to NOT having / using a transmission tunnel mounted accelerometer (happened somewhere in the 24 thousand VIN number range) makes any of this problematic. I don't know if the TCU model number changed for that... but somehow I think it did not.

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has done this TCU upgrade.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts