Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does anyone have experience with ecu tunes on the TT V6? I'm not chasing HP just trying to get better response from the engine when it hasn't built boost. I assume it is because of emissions and mileage regulation that the ecu can't fuel the engine much until the turbos have some RPM. But that couple second hesitation until the turbos kick in makes getting across some intersections sketchy.
Hoping someone could potentially provide some real world feedback since there's not really a way to measure the difference.
Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looking at the dyno sheets from the JB4, it's still mostly higher RPM gains. I know what your saying, I got into the Levante from a BMW X3 M40i that made peak torque at 1900 RPM from the 3.0L Turbo motor. Response from the B58 was amazing

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have experience with BMW, but Audi and VW have similar lag to the Maserati V6. However an APR tune wakes up the response a lot. Maserati tunes are way more expensive so I was hoping to hear from people that had tried it. Maybe I'll have to be the guinea pig. (Can you still say that these days?)
I'll have to think of a good way to measure it. I need to buy a scan tool for this car, I've been leaning towards the autel mx808 but haven't bought it yet. Maybe I can log some things and do a before and after.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts