Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced a blown fuse that controls the lights, boot (trunk) release. This was because i must have touched something when removing the centre ceiling light as i saw a spark when i did this and poof went the fuse. Anyway, fuse fixed, lints work but what no longer works is:

• fuel flap release button
  • boot (trunk release) button
  • timer to turn off centre ceiling light
thinking the actual switch unit in the glove box may have issues, and perhaps the 'spark' killed the timer in the centre light?? too many things at once to be a flap solenoid etc and lights work so fuse ok...

Any ideas? i think i am going to need to get a multimeter to narrow down the problem....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi,
I had the same fault several weeks ago. No interior light or puddle lights, the boot would only open manually using the key or using the button on the key and the petrol flap wouldn’t open either. I found that the fuse for the cig lighter had blown and this was located in the main bank of fuses in the footwell. I was lucky as the fuse that failed was the type with a built in LED indicating failure. I only saw this in the late evening when i went out to check the fuses again, after probing them all earlier in the day. They all tested ok in situ and as I said it was only out of frustration that I went out again to check other things when it was dark and the failed fuse was lit up like a traffic light. I would recomend fitting these types of fuses for ease of identification and if not, remove the fuse to check for continuity don't test it in place.

Rat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. seems not a fuse problem but i will double check with replacements too to be sure.

·
Registered
43 Posts
When my boot and fuel flap wouldn't open on my spyder it turned out to be a faulty relay located in the battery compartment in the boot. If it is that and the relay on yours is the same as a 2003 spyder then this is the relay you need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts