Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The flap for accessing the fuel filler has stopped opening with the button in the glove box and I now have to manually pull it open with the red cord found in the boot. The dealer has said it is the solenoid which is a £17 part but is located so deep inside the rear wing that it is a three hour job to replace at £90 per hour plus VAT!! Anyone else here experience a similar problem with an easier fix? Thanks.

Carl

·
Registered
660 Posts
The flap for accessing the fuel filler has stopped opening with the button in the glove box and I now have to manually pull it open with the red cord found in the boot. The dealer has said it is the solenoid which is a £17 part but is located so deep inside the rear wing that it is a three hour job to replace at £90 per hour plus VAT!! Anyone else here experience a similar problem with an easier fix? Thanks.

Carl
Reminds me of the A/C actuator job I had done... a cheapo spare (40 quid or so) and a 5 hour job, as it needed all the central dash to be taken out.

Pot luck.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts

Carl
Could be a fuse, relay or switch. Make sure those are chcked first. To access the solenoid, you pull the trunk molding out or the rear seat. It's really not that hard to get to.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response guys, I will make sure the easy things are checked first. Must admit 3 hours sounds like a long time but apparently the "book" time is even longer!

Carl

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks for the response guys, I will make sure the easy things are checked first. Must admit 3 hours sounds like a long time but apparently the "book" time is even longer!

Carl
Everything takes a long time to fix on our Maserati :D

hmmmmm... Can someone tell me how many people does it take to change my front headlight/blinker bulbs?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its not the spring as the red cord works fine. Just wish Maserati had kept things nice and simple and had a flap that you just had to push to open a la BMW!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts