Maserati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Ouch. Kinda pricey, without an idea of the sound.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Fuchs sound

Have the Fuchs exhaust on my 04 Coupe. It makes a high-pitched powerful sound compared to a Tubi, but with less growl.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CDF,

seeing that we have plenty of Tubi cliips around here ....would love to get a clip of your coupe....

I beleive Fuchs are popular with the Porsche set?

·
Registered
9 Posts
CDF said:
Have the Fuchs exhaust on my 04 Coupe. It makes a high-pitched powerful sound compared to a Tubi, but with less growl.
is it high pitched like the 360 sound or no? could u get a sound clip

·
Registered
201 Posts
Fuchs sound clip

I will try to post a sound clip next week so you can judge.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Any details of the decibel level differences as compared to the stock or Tubi systems?

·
Registered
201 Posts
decibel level

Much louder than stock mufflers, but I would guess slightly quieter than Tubi.
Tubi = tuned resonance and growl, Fuchs = jet-engine sounds.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sound clip of Fuchs mufflers

Here is sound clip of Fuchs exhaust on 04 Coupe. First 40 seconds are in driver's seat with windows down: revving motor a little and then accelerating 0-70 mph. Last 10 seconds are standing outside car as it goes 0-redline in first gear.

http://media.putfile.com/Fuchs-mufflers-on-Maserati

·
Registered
10 Posts
FWIW, I have a Fuchs Exhaust on my Ferrari 360. I never liked the stock Ferrari exhaust (Sounds like a whiny vacuum cleaner) nor the 360 Tubi Exhaust ( Sounds like a LOUD whiny vacuum cleaner).

The Fuchs has a very Indy Car-like sound and does sound Jet-Like. On the 360, The Fuchs setup does have an overall decibel level slightly over the Tubi setup. But it's hard to compare because the Fuchs is loud in a mid-range sort of way (but it still keeps the high range without overemphasizing them) while the Tubi is loud in the high range (and IMO is shrill).

Going by the 360 example, if you like the stock exhaust and want to keep a smilar character but louder, go Tubi.

If you want to make the sound emphasize more of the middle of the sound range (while still having the engine sing arias near redline), go Fuchs. --- John

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wow, the Fuch exhaust note is awesome!!
Any idea if they have a system for the QP?
Please provide links
Thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
Apparently Fuchs makes a Quattroporte exhaust:

http://www.fuchs-esd.de/

I ordered the system for my Coupe through Eurotek Designs, the same place that does the ECU reprograms discussed in this forum.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts