Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone looking for an extra set? I'm getting new wheels for the car and would like to unload these. this is wheels only though, not tires... PM me if your interested... I only have the car for 500 miles and the wheels are MINT... i didn't see a for sale section so i hope this is the right place to put this...

·
Registered
191 Posts
they are the factory wheels right ??

they are the wheels I ordered as well... I think they call them "birdcage" .. they are supposed to look like the Maserati Trident.... (if you look close)

am I correct... ?

my question is what are you upgrading wheels to... ??(i think the existing ones are pretty nice...)

thx
jd

ps.. is that car blue or nero ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
If it were me, I'd keep the OEM wheels stored away for re-sale value. What you think looks good may not appeal to the next person when you go to sell or trade the car. Not to mention if you damage a wheel at least you'll have another set to throw on the car while the other(s) are being repaired.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I would have to agree with Trident Derek, the car was desgined as a whole, the rims blend well with the car. With the exception of the 2002 multi-spoke wheels, (which I find to be too busy and distracting to the actual vehicle), I have found each models factory wheels to be perfect.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
what is the offset and dimensions of the 20" birdcage wheels?
would you mind weighting them when u have them off?

btw, anyone care to photoshop them on a QP for me?

i m contemplating upgrading the brakes on my QP to the Sport GT-S ones.. and looks like only 20" wheel will clear them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what is the offset and dimensions of the 20" birdcage wheels?
would you mind weighting them when u have them off?

btw, anyone care to photoshop them on a QP for me?

i m contemplating upgrading the brakes on my QP to the Sport GT-S ones.. and looks like only 20" wheel will clear them.
not sure what the offset is, i've been trying to find out myself as I want to make sure the new wheels being made are correct. I can try to weigh them when i have them off but not sure if it would work on my scale. Anyone know where we can get the offset on these wheels?

·
Registered
513 Posts
the offset is typically stamped on the inner side of the rim

In Millimeters.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.