Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
My cars been parked for exactly 14 days (in Norway). The day I parked it the weather was cold but car wash only driven on a few clean roads home from work.

Usually I never park with EPB on but for some reason I've managed to do it. This morning, of course when I urgently needed to use the car, it was completely stuck. I tried reapplying/disabling the EPB (by pulling the lever 10+ times), pumping brakes, and gently going from drive to reverse without using the gas. I probably did this for 20 minutes.

Thus I had to grab the subway and leave the car with my luggage so my girlfriend can attempt later today.

The garage is also rather heated - roughly 16-17 degrees celsius. So its not frozen - just stuck.

Any tips before we call a towing company? Can I ask my girlfriend to keep rotating the car from D to R carefully (I ofcourse parked all the way up to the wall), can we try take some warm (not boiling) water and just pour on the brakes? Potentially with something that specifically gets the water right on the brakes?

Things always happen at the worst possible time lol! Today were going to a 60 year birthday right after work before finally seeing some friends now that we are "allowed" to see people up here again.

Hoping for some great feedback!

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Hi guys,
My cars been parked for exactly 14 days (in Norway). The day I parked it the weather was cold but car wash only driven on a few clean roads home from work.

Usually I never park with EPB on but for some reason I've managed to do it. This morning, of course when I urgently needed to use the car, it was completely stuck. I tried reapplying/disabling the EPB (by pulling the lever 10+ times), pumping brakes, and gently going from drive to reverse without using the gas. I probably did this for 20 minutes.

Thus I had to grab the subway and leave the car with my luggage so my girlfriend can attempt later today.

The garage is also rather heated - roughly 16-17 degrees celsius. So its not frozen - just stuck.

Any tips before we call a towing company? Can I ask my girlfriend to keep rotating the car from D to R carefully (I ofcourse parked all the way up to the wall), can we try take some warm (not boiling) water and just pour on the brakes? Potentially with something that specifically gets the water right on the brakes?

Things always happen at the worst possible time lol! Today were going to a 60 year birthday right after work before finally seeing some friends now that we are "allowed" to see people up here again.

Hoping for some great feedback!
Not sure which model you have, but that info is certainly helpful when asking for help. (y)
The included info is for a 2014 Granturismo, hope you find it helpful.
Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Number
Font Parallel Screenshot Elbow Rectangle
Font Parallel Poster Circle Illustration

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Keep in mind, I am troubleshooting my 2014 Granturismo in these examples. (your results might differ)

I believe F73 to be my EPB fuse location, located on the battery ECU. A 40 amp midi fuse. Maybe disconnecting your battery for a few minutes, will yield a positive result.

Good Luck.
Auto part Gas Font Machine Engineering
Font Gas Circle Publication Rectangle

·
Registered
558 Posts
In my experience, any time I can't get the park brake off, it means the battery is low. Charge it up and it works just fine.
Was your car on a tender when it was parked?

·
Super Moderator
5,127 Posts
Most likely the shoes have bonded to the drums. Jack up, wheel off. Apply percussive maintenance.

You could also pop in N and push the car back and forth with the EPB OFF

Be careful. If the shoes delaminate it can screw things up big time.

It might be the battery but if the car started OK, I'd expect there to be enough ooomph to get the EPB off.

Finally there is a tool under the floor. But that will need to be reset.

C

1 - 5 of 5 Posts