Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 coupe
My front left window is suppose to come down an inch every time door opens and closes.
It does sometimes and sometimes comes down half way and sometimes comes down all the way but always goes back up

Is this and actuator change problem or a relay problem?
Any ideas?
I dont have warranty anymore

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
This is perfectly normal. This is the way the doors were designed. Nothing to worry about!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Actually it sounds like its not working quite as it should. If I read that right, it sounds like its not coming down the inch or so every single time? You should be sure that it is, because the window will hit the trim of the a pillar if it is fully up and you shut the door.

There is a small micro switch attached to the door handle that opens the window when you lift it, if it is bent \ dirty \ broken \ etc the window will not open like it should. I think the micro switch is attached to a separate relay, so its possible there is a bad connection or something in the system somewhere that is giving you intermittent problems.

·
Registered
23 Posts
maserati of minneapolis said:
Actually it sounds like its not working quite as it should. If I read that right, it sounds like its not coming down the inch or so every single time? You should be sure that it is, because the window will hit the trim of the a pillar if it is fully up and you shut the door.

There is a small micro switch attached to the door handle that opens the window when you lift it, if it is bent \ dirty \ broken \ etc the window will not open like it should. I think the micro switch is attached to a separate relay, so its possible there is a bad connection or something in the system somewhere that is giving you intermittent problems.

And if it aint working properly you're going to break the window shortly ask me I know a warrenty job though!!

·
Registered
528 Posts
There are a few microswitches that tell the window to drop, but it is not clear how the motion is controlled. It can be either another switch, or a timer, or ???

Take a look at this page, and you see a microswitch on the window glass lift.
(part # 2)

http://www.eurospares.co.uk/partTable.asp?M=3&Mo=389&A=2&B=20976&S=

I would guess that this switch would be the down limit control, but the only way to test would be to take the door panel off.

If it gets triggered when the window is about 1 inch down, that would be the fault.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Either the microswitch (as stated above), or the wire harness connector on the A pillar. I had a problem on the weather seal of this connector, and it was causing it to loss connection. When you open/close the door, it will cause the harness to flex and pull on the connector. If problem comes back or goes away after the door is open/closed, it is the connector.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts