Maserati Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Absolutely have the alignment and wheel checked for a bend or crack, and deal with the problem now while tire is off and you’re in the middle of a tire change. If you hit something hard enough to pop a tire that is a prime situation for the need of alignment and potentially a wheel repair. As someone mentioned already a bent or cracked wheel can be repaired. If you need help with that let me know I and I can provide info to several places in socal that do great work. Also for tires, do both sides of the axle since the other tire is going go have significantly more wear than the one that popped. The only time you want to do one corner only is if the other side of the axle is fresh. Pilot sport 4s is going to be the best bet for a street driven performance car but there are other good value options.

· Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
5,214 Posts
I have a little play in my front end, sort of a drift. Are some alternatives to Masi dealership that someone could recommend in Seattle Washington?
Pretty much any alignment shop should be able to do the job, but make sure you give them the specs noted here, and let them know you don’t want the factory settings ( they’ll probably bring those up on their computer ) . The factory settings will prematurely chew up the inside band of your front tires ..
Search a few shops in your area and check out their reviews ( Yelp , etc ) based on customer feedback, and just pick the highest rated one that‘s reasonably close to you .

· Registered
4,636 Posts
Pretty much any alignment shop should be able to do the job, but make sure you give them the specs noted here, and let them know you don’t want the factory settings ( they’ll probably bring those up on their computer ) . The factory settings will prematurely chew up the inside band of your front tires ..
Search a few shops in your area and check out their reviews ( Yelp , etc ) based on customer feedback, and just pick the highest rated one that‘s reasonably close to you .
I'm fortunate to have a local shop that will dial in whatever numbers I want. It doesn't hurt that the name of the place is Granturismo East. :p
Years ago when I first went to these guys, I pulled up and they had what looked to be a freakin' Nascar on the alignment rack. o_O I knew immediately, I was in the right place. (y)

· Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
5,214 Posts
Years ago when I first went to these guys, I pulled up and they had what looked to be a freakin' Nascar on the alignment rack. o_O I knew immediately, I was in the right place. (y)
Aw come on, how difficult can a NASCAR alignment be ..point the front wheels to the left, and then just lock the suspension in place like that . Five minute job. :p
Sorry, could not resist ..🙃

· Registered
4,636 Posts
Aw come on, how difficult can a NASCAR alignment be ..point the front wheels to the left, and then just lock the suspension in place like that . Five minute job. :p
Sorry, could not resist ..🙃
I know right...ha ha ha. And yeah, not difficult, but yeah we can and will align any damn thing! :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
84 Posts
Sir why would you drive on a road named after that pile of crap?
You must have misunderstood him. He said "Obama Road", not Abbott Road. But I bet the pot holes in CA are nothing like the road hazards in MI.

Reactions: DLax69

· Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
5,214 Posts
But I bet the pot holes in CA are nothing like the road hazards in MI.
Yup, no way near the pot holes back east or mid-west. Neither in size or numbers . Especially those locations who use salt on the snowy or icy roads in the winter time ( Cleveland for one ..) Every spring becomes an obstacle slalom course to avoid those damn tings .

· Registered
234 Posts
Luckily here in WV, the state reimburses any damage done by potholes. Last year, my wife's van hit one and cracked the rim, $1200.00 damage on the states dime. Well, more like an extra tax refund, lol.

· Registered
4,636 Posts
Luckily here in WV, the state reimburses any damage done by potholes. Last year, my wife's van hit one and cracked the rim, $1200.00 damage on the states dime. Well, more like an extra tax refund, lol.
That's great! No such luck here in GA. Cracked the wheel on my M6 years ago here in Atlanta and called every constituent one could think of. They all but laughed at my attempts for reimbursement.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts