Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front left busted as I went through a big pothole on La Cienega here in LA. The recent rain caused all this and I towing guy towed more than 30 cars from that same spot in the last week so people from LA, please watch out as you approach Obama Blvd coming from the airport side as this big ass pothole sits on the left-most lane around half a mile from the intersection on La Cienega.

It looks like my front left wore out way more than the front right, and the rear ones (P Zeros) are in good condition. The previous owner used some Sailun Atrezzo SVA1 for both fronts. I have heard very good reviews about the Falken Azenis FK510 on this forum and was wondering so I am going for those. Is that the right choice? also I should replace both fronts or just the one that got busted?

Also, I feel like I should also check and get the alignment fixed, and am not sure what is the best alignment to go for. I use it as a daily drive and never go crazy with it even if the Camaros/Challengers of the world always want to race with you:)

· Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
5,212 Posts
Well...it is Obama Blvd.
He said a pot hole hazard, not a pot smoke hazard 😜

But yes, that sucks ..heavy rains will cause those deep pot holes and it’s not just tire damage, but often the wheels can be bent . And that’s $$$ , I presume people called the city and / or Cal Trans, but it usually takes them ages to get around to repairs so it’s good to have these kind of social media alerts so people who drive in that area can be cautious.

If you suffer damage you can file a claim directly with the city ..but good luck with that, it’ll take place in a line of hundreds of other claims and you may not see any restitution for years .. if the damage significantly exceeds your own insurance deductible, best to file a claim with them and let them subrogate to recover the cost from the city, in which case they won’t ding your record for the loss.

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He said a pot hole hazard, not a pot smoke hazard 😜

But yes, that sucks ..heavy rains will cause those deep pot holes and it’s not just tire damage, but often the wheels can be bent . And that’s $$$ , I presume people called the city and / or Cal Trans, but it usually takes them ages to get around to repairs so it’s good to have these kind of social media alerts so people who drive in that area can be cautious.

If you suffer damage you can file a claim directly with the city ..but good luck with that, it’ll take place in a line of hundreds of other claims and you may not see any restitution for years .. if the damage significantly exceeds your own insurance deductible, best to file a claim with them and let them subrogate to recover the cost from the city, in which case they won’t ding your record for the loss.
Thanks Dan, any insight on the tires I should choose?

· Premium Member
465 Posts
I would recommend replacing both fronts, and not just one, regardless of which brand you select. The Falkens seem to get good reviews, but I have never run them on a Maser. I did on an MB, and they were quite good. If you hit hard enough to bust the tire, checking the wheel and doing an alignment are also advisable.

· Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
5,212 Posts
Sir why would you drive on a road named after that pile of crap?

I make a practice to not talk about politics on forums, but I can't resist my sarcastic self....the reason he drove on that road, is because the parallel road, Trump boulevard, is only a One Way street which goes straight into the insane asylum's building parking lot. And it’s closed for construction anyway ..it’s being prepared for soon-to-be direct access to the prison yard. :sneaky:

· Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
5,212 Posts
Thanks Dan, any insight on the tires I should choose?
My favorites ( I have had them, and still have them on all my cars ) are the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. The only downside is that they're expensive, and most drivers will never push the car to the ultra high performance those tires are capable of. There seems to be a consensus here about the Falkens being excellent, and very reasonably priced.

· Premium Member
465 Posts
My favorites ( I have had them, and still have them on all my cars ) are the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. The only downside is that they're expensive, and most drivers will never push the car to the ultra high performance those tires are capable of. There seems to be a consensus here about the Falkens being excellent, and very reasonably priced.
I think Contis can be good, too...but, yes, Michelins are on mine as well.

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Dan. Any recommendations on the alignment? My front left is oddly balder than the right now.

· Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
5,212 Posts
Thanks Dan. Any recommendations on the alignment? My front left is oddly balder than the right now.
For sure, but run a search on this forum on that topic because there’s a lot of great info on the exact specs you should have ( note : the factory specs are awful , they’ll eat the inside bands of your front tires unevenly and way prematurely )

· Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I just had the same tire busted. the rim is all cracked. I have a 2013 MC Stradale
I just bought a new rim with parts number 980145724, and it doesn't fit. the pole pattern on the rim is smaller than the car. Any idead?

· Registered
278 Posts
I make a practice to not talk about politics on forums, but I can't resist my sarcastic self....the reason he drove on that road, is because the parallel road, Trump boulevard, is only a One Way street which goes straight into the insane asylum's building parking lot. And it’s closed for construction anyway ..it’s being prepared for soon-to-be-access to the prison yard. :sneaky:
I hate everyone and both sides of the spectrum.

· Registered
4,635 Posts
Hi, I just had the same tire busted. the rim is all cracked. I have a 2013 MC Stradale
I just bought a new rim with parts number 980145724, and it doesn't fit. the pole pattern on the rim is smaller than the car. Any idead?
Lots of scenarios where a cracked wheel can be repaired, like new. Have a reputable wheel repair shop take a look at it, could save you a lot of coins...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts