Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
340 Posts
I have a QP but had the same problem.

I ended up using some ceiling anchors to mount the plate through the grill. The anchors prevent the bolts from falling out and you don't have to drill your bumper.

The plate will ride pretty low to the ground but I have never had an issue with the police and it has the added benefit of hitting the curb before your paint job does!

· Registered
340 Posts
What a great group of aficionados! I like the "Oops, gee officer, it fell off and the mounting hardware is on back-order" solution best. :D

Gotta keep those gorgeous lines clean.

Until the officer walks you to the front of the vehicle and asks you to point out where it was mounted ;)

· Registered
340 Posts
From the RCMP website in Canada.

I’d like to this opportunity to remind all B.C. vehicle owners that in this province, you are required to have a front license plate on your vehicle, as well as a rear one. Section 13(1)(b) of the Motor Vehicle Act requires all plates to be displayed on B.C. registered vehicles. The fine for noncompliance is $109.00.

With that out of the way, why, you may ask, is it important to have a front licence plate, especially when our immediate neighbours to the east of us don’t have that requirement?

Well the short answer is that the Government of British Columbia made that decision. But why they did boils down to public safety - the vehicles are more visible with a reflective licence plate on the front, especially when parked at night or, as happens more often than one might think, when a vehicle is being driven without headlights.

It is also a very effective tool for the public and the police. When approaching accident or crime scenes, it is much simpler to note oncoming vehicle plates than trying to decipher a rear plate from the windshield or side mirrors as they move away. I can’t count the number of impaired drivers I’ve personally apprehended from spotting an oncoming vehicle’s front plate that a concerned citizen noted and called in.

Sometimes, the driver may not be aware that their vehicle's front plate is missing. I’ve had a few reports of stolen licence plates come my way in this fashion too. And I’ve caught a few stolen cars, and recovered a fair number of stolen plates by investigating further why a car was missing it’s front one.

Finally, a missing front plate is one indicator that perhaps there are other things on a vehicle that might not be up to standards. The standards are in place for safety reasons. Police, and vehicle examiners might feel the need to check a little more closely at the rest of your vehicle.

So please, don’t be surprised, shocked or angry if you are stopped for not having a front plate. The reason for the stop was entirely preventable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.