Maserati Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
It’s been almost 1,700 miles since the alignment posted above. I removed my wheels while replacing ROTORS! and pads (that still had life in them) for a Big Brake Kit. I could not find any sign of uneven wear on front or rear tires. The handling alone was worth the change.

Rotor Crowd :cool:

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
It’s been almost 1,700 miles since the alignment posted above. I removed my wheels while replacing ROTORS! and pads (that still had life in them) for a Big Brake Kit. I could not find any sign of uneven wear on front or rear tires. The handling alone was worth the change.

Rotor Crowd :cool:
I see you Crowd ;) lol

·
Super Moderator
5,012 Posts
So that's got toe in now? (I can never recall) should make it more stable.

Never heard of doing alignment when the tyres are changed. In fact I suspect our local shop would look at me like I was barking.

C

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
So that's got toe in now? (I can never recall) should make it more stable.

Never heard of doing alignment when the tyres are changed. In fact I suspect our local shop would look at me like I was barking.

C
I know a LOOOOOOT of people that do this, not for me though unless I have an issue.

Reactions: Catmanv2

·
Registered
995 Posts
My car has been setup by a race shop (do suspension work for le mans cars) by hand (using a wire and measuring tape). They never looked for factory specs, just setup using their knowledge about RWD cars. Inside still wears more, but it is only about 0.5-1mm worse compared to the outside. My fronts have been on car now for 15k miles and fronts still have enough life for another 15k. Rears are about done.
With this setup the rear feels more in line with the front when changing direction/cornering.

I have attached the official setup sheet
View attachment 134617
So this still working good? Mine's going on the rack soon.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
My 2014, stock suspension setup...working pretty good for me.
Front toe is -0.0 (driver) -0.1 (passenger)
Rear toe is 0.6 (driver) 0.7 (passenger)

Currently have 20,882 miles on front tires and 17,279 on rear tires...
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Synthetic rubber Tread
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Reactions: DSGT

·
Registered
646 Posts
At 10K , I see a 1/32nd difference between the inner and outer edges on fronts. Rears are dead even...Factory setting ....watching. All Pzeros. Rear ar 4/32nds. fronts still at 8/32nds. Rear off within 1000 miles or when rainy season approaches.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
At 10K , I see a 1/32nd difference between the inner and outer edges on fronts. Rears are dead even...Factory setting ....watching. All Pzeros. Rear ar 4/32nds. fronts still at 8/32nds. Rear off within 1000 miles or when rainy season approaches.
The key is to loose the factory toe out setting for a neutral or, as I did, a toe in setting.

·
Registered
2010 GTS MCSportline
26 Posts
best for tire wear or best for handling or for both? Gratze!
Toe setting is generally the largest contributing factor in uneven tire wear, followed then by camber. There will be trade offs using one setting to another. Generally a small amount of toe out will help with corner entry and make the car feel more lively. Also depending on suspension geometry design, there may be a static toe compensation specification to account and counteract for any 'bump steer' in the geometry. That is where as the suspension is going through its range of motion, there is a small amount of toe gain or loss. As always YMMV or in this case your Tread Life My Vary

5,880 Posts

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I noticed the difference (toe in verses toe out) but I learned that by playing with it on my first car when I was 16.

5,880 Posts
There is a difference for sure, but the amount we are talking on these cars is minimal..Like 1-1.5 turns of the tie rod....The crazy thing is Maserati did the same shit with the Ghibli..Wearing out the inside edge of the front tires with that aggressive alignment setting..Jason

Reactions: ddsski
21 - 40 of 58 Posts