Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I walked up to my car the other night, at my family's house in the driveway and noticed somebody f%*king kicked in my front emblem! The chrome plastic with red stripes on the trident, was cracked badly, and hanging off, so I just pulled it off. I was so pissed off, I can't believe somebody would actually jump over the gate into the driveway just to kick the front grill emblem in!

The nerve! I would never hate on somebody like that, I can't even imagine why anybody would do that to me.

Anyway- I need to get it replaced, does anybody know what's the best way to do this? Is this something I can do myself? I tried to look on eurospares, but not sure they have the trident with the red stripes, since my QP is a Sport GTS.

Anybody know how to do this cost effectively? Thanks in advance guys.

Heartbroken :thumbsdown:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Try here.

Someone tossed a soft-serve cone on my hood once in a Costco lot. Gotta wonder what goes through people's head sometimes.

·
Registered
478 Posts
G, I've got an order going to Eurospares in the next week or two, if they have the part (which I will ask) I'll bring it back on my next trip. Let me know what happens with the other options.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I can't even imagine why anybody would do that to me.
Jealousy... just being dickheads - it could very well be someone who doesn't even know you & just wanted to take out their frustrations at their bad situation on someone else & "the rich guy with the Maserati" was a convenient target at the moment.

I'm sympathetic to people in tough situations, but I've been poor during my life too, and would never think to do this to someone else's property - as though it's their fault my life sucked.

Mis-directed anger. No excuse for it, but it happens. And I could be totally wrong... for all I know you could have pissed someone off; but when I see posts like this, and the ice-cream cone reference, I tend to think there are also a lot of dickheads out there.

Like we've probably heard our mom say at some point when we were kids... THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS! lol

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the support guys, I want to get this fixed I've been driving around my car I feel like with no front teeth, if you know what I mean. I don't have any enemies, and if I did, they damn sure wouldn't just stop at the grill, LOLOL... Just low lifes out there, is all I can figure. I have been financially strapped for the younger part of my years, hell I'm still young and still working super hard for every frkin penny I make. I never ever felt like that, but if you actually have to do that, I feel sorry for the punk who did this, he's gonna know what hell is, because he's probably living that on earth.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Wonder if he just wanted the jewelry for a trophy or necklace? Not right regardless. Karma will get the perp eventually.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I'm sure your parents live in a nice neighborhood George, but thankfully in Dubai vandalism is unheard of unless you go out of your way to ask for trouble.

I've seen some terrible things in poshy neighborhoods in London where a 360 Modena spyder had both side view mirrors dangling, scratched paint, and to add insult to injury, the Ferrari letter logo at the back had been yanked and pointed vertically to look like a crown...the price of parking on a public street off of Kings Rd (a busy shopping area).

Sorry to hear this. Maybe get your parents a German Shepherd? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Another thought just occurred to me... was the car parked with the nose facing the street? If so, maybe it wasn't even malicious... could've been some kids playing out in the street tossing a football around or playing street hockey, and it could've just been an errant throw or shot.

Doesn't change your situation with regard to the damage, but sometimes things like that can obviously just happen accidentally.

·
Registered
478 Posts
A funny story and the reason (see below) I'm getting something from Eurospares - a relative's birthday is coming up. A Porsche owner for 30+ years, he finally left the fold and bought a 360 over the summer (no doubt spurred on by my ownership of a Maserati).

Anyway, he toolk a stroll outside of his office in Phoenix last month to find three kids admiring his 360. He thought they were a bit close but they praised the car and went on their way. A bit later he somehow notices that three (not four) of this valve caps are gone! So I have an order set for a new set of yellow Ferrari value caps.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would guess that it was an attempt to steal the trident. Remember the rappers that used to wear the MBZ star necklaces? I think your trident was going to end up hanging on a gold (plated) chain. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It was facing inside, and it would not have been easy for anybody to really see what kind of car it is, unless they were really looking. Black cars from the rear nobody really pays attention. I'm stumped. Thanks Bluyork, good looking out for ya brother.

·
Registered
372 Posts
just out of curiosity, are you certain the car was undamaged when you parked it? also is there evidence that the grill was literally "kicked in"? from my experience i've had cars parked on the street and some doofus has backed into my front end trying to get in/out of a parking spot on the street.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I guest host a financial radio show (400 markets) ....The hate, real hate that so many people have for anybody with more or better then they have is off the scale. Yes, I know you will always have jealousy, but when people can show what their really think (via g-mail) you just would not believe how people REALLY feel about what others have! It's doesn't matter to them how hard you worked or what you gave up time wise to buy the things you want, You are the enemy.They may smile and say things like nice car etc, but if you can read there mind ( Or unsigned e-mails) you really would be shocked how mean and unfair people can be. I've seen it for over 10 years now GMC

·
Registered
372 Posts
I guest host a financial radio show (400 markets) ....The hate, real hate that so many people have for anybody with more or better then they have is off the scale. Yes, I know you will always have jealousy, but when people can show what their really think (via g-mail) you just would not believe how people REALLY feel about what others have! It's doesn't matter to them how hard you worked or what you gave up time wise to buy the things you want, You are the enemy.They may smile and say things like nice car etc, but if you can read there mind ( Or unsigned e-mails) you really would be shocked how mean and unfair people can be. I've seen it for over 10 years now GMC
i don't deny that that sentiment exists but i would respectfully suggest that the haters are a vastly more vocal minority. the people that think differently just aren't going to express themselves to the extent that tea party members and their ilk do and the result is a skewed representation of reality. your statement perpetuates this paranoia. i'll point out that no one knows what really happened here. i'd say enjoy your car and take the normal prudent precautions.

·
Registered
455 Posts
the haters are a vastly more vocal minority. the people that think differently just aren't going to express themselves to the extent that tea party members and their ilk do .
Seems you are implying that tea party members are haters AND a minority?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts