Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone changed out the front bumper mesh in an 02 gt coupe to somehting more brilliant/noticeable?
i love the car i just purchased but this is the only thing i would like to change quickly.....
thanks in advance
this forum is great

·
Registered
660 Posts
has anyone changed out the front bumper mesh in an 02 gt coupe to somehting more brilliant/noticeable?
i love the car i just purchased but this is the only thing i would like to change quickly.....
thanks in advance
this forum is great
If you want the bigger mouth... then you need to purchase another car (05 upwards). The front bumpers have different dimensions, so it's not a Q of swapping your current one for the newer one. Then you will have to paint, etc... lots of $$ for a cosmetic change. OK, it's your money and your car.

Now, you could take away the current chrome front + black mesh and chrome the black mesh only, but that is also expensive (chroming is not cheap) so dunno...

LeoNardo makes some cosmetic enhancements, but they are also very expensive.

Your choice...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for the information
i am starting to see that- unlike porsches- aftermarket options are minimal and very expensive
that is too bad.....

·
Registered
528 Posts
Yes, but unlike porsches, you now own a MASERATI.

You will not need all these other doodads on the car.

A stock Maserati will get more attention than any dressed up 911 will ever get, all without looking like you are trying to get attetion.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i wasn't neccessarily looking for doodads.....
i just maintain that the grills look nicer in chrome.
:)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
brilliant idea fred!
i will email them and look into
"swap-ability" and cost right now.
-dipak

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
will the 05 front and rear bumper "bolt on" to an 02? I know sumbody on the forum did it I can't spell his name but started with an "A" and he was from Kuwait.

·
Registered
660 Posts
will the 05 front and rear bumper "bolt on" to an 02? I know sumbody on the forum did it I can't spell his name but started with an "A" and he was from Kuwait.
You mean Abdulrahman?

See my post at the beginning. They have slightly different dimensions, and even if I'm wrong, possibly even different bolt-on points.

HTH

·
Registered
339 Posts
thanks in advance
this forum is great
I have an entire 2005 upper and lower front bumper, very small scratch at the edge where it meets the hood. I had a suv back into me while parked and the trailer hitch scratched the bumper/hood and had the insurance replace the whole thing. I was keeping it for a spare just incase anything else happened but now that I'm selling the car there's no need to keep it.

Does the 2003 have the headlight washers? If you're interested in it, PM me with an email address and I can send you actual pics of it.

Ron

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that would be great!
ill pm you- i just need to check to make sure the fit in not impossible.
thank you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts