Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! NOOB here.

I recently purchased a 2002 Coupe CC After having an unfortunate incident in my Lotus.

My wife talked me into getting a 4-seater this time, and I think I made the right choice!

I love the Coupe and am planning on using it as my daily driver.

I've run into two issues that I haven't been able to find when searching this forum.

First, the cigarette lighter doesn't seem to work, my cell phone charger doesn't light up when I plug into it. The fuse seems to be fine and, according to the owners manual, that fuse powers other things that are working fine. Has anyone else had this issue?

Second, is there an easy way to replace the rear fog light bulbs? The light on the dash is telling me that I have a bulb out, and those are the only ones I can't get to turn on. But, my hands are too big to get in there and pull them out. Any tricks?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
welcome! you will enjoy your coupe.
i think your wife might be planning babies.. haha.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome!

I think you can change the rear lights by yourself, it's the front ones that you will need to take the car back to the dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the Welcomes!!

I hope my wife isn't planning on having more babies or else I'll have to trade the Coupe in for a minivan. Do they make 400HP Italian minivans?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please tell us about your unfortunate incident? Was it the Elise that fell off the lift at the tire place?
No, I wasn't the one that fell off the lift. But that did make me nervous as I had to get new tires right after that happened so I made sure they lifted one corner at a time with a floor jack only.

My Elise was totaled by a bumper off of an 89 Nissan Pathfinder. I was on my way back from a Bay Area car meet (Santa Row). When the traffic in front of me started hitting the brakes hard. The Pathfinder's rear bumper had fallen off in the middle lane of the freeway, and everyone was breaking and swerving to avoid it. There was a large 4X4 Ford pickup in front of me. He hit the bumper and sent it squarely under the front of my Lotus. It jammed under the car. I pulled to the shoulder along with a guy behind me that witnessed everything, and we were able to lift the front of the Lotus up and pull the bumper out.

It appeared that there was only minor fiberglass damage to the front end, along with a nice scrape to the aluminum undertray, which is easily replaced.

I took it to the bodyshop and they removed the under tray and found that the aluminum frame had been punctured by the end of the bumper, it acted like a can-opener. We sent pictures to the Lotus factory and they prescribed a chasis replacement as the only acceptable repair. So, the insurance company totaled the car.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Get out that voltmeter

Just to be sure, take a voltage reading at the cigarette lighter socket. I seem to recall having some difficulty with the size of certain plugs making the appropriate contact within the lighter sleeve. I can recall the actual sleeve pulling out with certain plugs. Good Luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I actually got to my fog light bulbs but unfortunately my bulbs were fine. I just needed a relay that was under the dash. It is a process but it is possible. I really wish I had a workshop manual for this car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the suggestions!

My cigarette lighter started working, and my fog lights are now working, but I still have a light on my dash that says I have a bulb out. But, everything works!

I feel like I'm back in an English car. Oh well, I'm having a blast with it any way.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions!

My cigarette lighter started working, and my fog lights are now working, but I still have a light on my dash that says I have a bulb out. But, everything works!

I feel like I'm back in an English car. Oh well, I'm having a blast with it any way.
Not that there's anything wrong with the English or their cars (but I know what you mean) :D

Did you check the brake light in the rear window? Is that and LED unit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Checked the brake light, it is LED. It works fine. I think I've narrowed it to a short in the license plate light.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts