Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your help here guys,

As we all know our Cambiocorsa cars have a feature that when stopped on an incline the brakes hold for a couple of seconds to allow you time to move your foot from the brake pedal to de gas pedal. I just recently noticed that on my car this does not work anymore.

I'm used to driving mechanical transmissions and learning to make the foot movement from the brake pedal to the gas pedal really fast when on an incline without having the car slide down is something I never had a problem with so it is not that I "desperatly need this feature" to work... in fact... I don't even know how long ago it stopped working but I do know that it should be working and it isn't... so I thought to ask if any of you has had a similar problem, could just be a signal of worn out brake pads? or do you think it is something different or more complicated?

...also ...dunno whats with these cars ...I've had mine for a little over a year and my love and respect for it is not tha same anymore

...IT HAS GROWN AND CONTINUES GROWING BY THE MINUTE!!!

on't ya jus LUV dis masheeens?

...my Maser even has me cheering for Italy
at the World Cup

·
Registered
773 Posts
hill hold

i had no idea that option was built into car, i lack hills in this area. when brakes are in only two positions, off/on. there is no need for other functions. still love to drive car. pipes straight are a little much in town, but good sound. still a good attraction in town for lookers. i think there two more in lexington, kentucky, but i never see them. sport mode is FUN, and at 16000mi check up they changed something, because it pops on down shift now. unburnt fumes. adds a little extra flash. tell us about your area driving experience, please

·
Registered
114 Posts
PacoSaca, I had my QP hillholder adjusted by the dealer, because at delivery it came on even on a flat surface stop (which I didn't like). I doubt that your problem is to do with worn brakes, probably a matter of a simple readjustment...?

- Toffe

·
Registered
113 Posts
My 2002 Spyder originally had the "Hill Holder" feature. To activate, downshift to first, pull back on the downshift lever until it beeps. The take-off algorithm changed and the clutch engaged sooner. It was quite helpful when you wished to make small movements such as parking in a tight spot. Slightly helpful on hills because the clutch grabbed more quickly.

When my dealer updated the engine/transmission software in 2004, this feature was no longer available. Reportely, the feature was removed to extend clutch life. I do know that it was a terrific mode for burnouts, so that may have been a good move by Maserati! :)

On my car, the updated 'launch' routine blipped the throttle by about 600 RPM when you depress the accelerator pedel - just as the clutch is being engaged. The old software had no such action; the driver was in complete control of engine RPM.

I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that only 2002 and 2003 Spyder and Coupes without software updates still have the original "Hill Holder" feature.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The hill holder feature was something introduced in the 2004 models of the coupe and spyder. The launch feature, which used a lot of clutch slip to minimize tire spin on power launches, was something that was apparently only availlable in the initial 2002 models, and never well documented. In fact, it may have been a myth (I am editorializing here!). Anyway, in my 2003 model, I have neither. I can smoke the tires on launch by disengaging MSP, but I'm not sure that makes much sense, since this isn't a dragster but a road course sports car, and a blast on road courses.
My two cents.
Mike

·
Registered
773 Posts
hill hold

how little i know about my 02cc! i would guess that brad and i use the same dealer, columbus. they where the worst dealership i ever used, thanks for maserati opening a dealer in cincinnati. i had to take my car to other dealerships or work on it myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts