Maserati Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Have you decided which heater core to go with?

I believe I’m going to go with the all-aluminum one marketed as being for a Saab 9000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Moving right along...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Fresh, indeed! Thanks for posting. I drive our GranSport about 2,500 miles a year. I currently have about 75,000 miles so I need to run up another 100,000 miles to catch you...I will follow up with you in 40 years!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Wow, 6th gear! I've never used that before. Does my car even have that :laugh:?

At 60 mph what was the tach reading, like 1,200?

Quite a bit higher than that. I’ll check and report back.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Wow, 6th gear! I've never used that before. Does my car even have that :laugh:?

At 60 mph what was the tach reading, like 1,200?
Funny you should ask....but the math is very easy. The top speed is 180 mph, which is limited by hitting the redline at 7500 rpm. Since 60 mph is 1/3 of 180 mph, that means the tachometer will read 2500 rpm at 60 mph (1/3 of 7500 rpm). Try it!

Interestingly, if you manage to get the engine's redline up to 8500 rpm, as in the F430 (same engine platform, but flatplane crank, dual air intakes, and 4.3L displacement being the major differences), and if you manage to reach it, then you could get the car's top speed up to 204 mph! At the very least, you will get your Maserati to actually do 185 (at 7700 rpm).

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
PS - I think the more remarkable thing is that it was 71 F in Erie, PA in the middle of October!!!

Indeed. We should have had our first snow by now. It has been unseasonably warm, and it looks like it will be for at least another week. More time to drive my Maserati before putting it away!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts