Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few posts where the dealer replaced the clutch for free. My car is at the dealer and they said my clutch is 100% worn and needs a new clutch and will cost $2200. They are getting the parts and will be installing it early next week. I have the original CC software (not the "so fast" update) and only 22,000 miles on my car. I also asked about the 2 tang replacement clutch vs. what some have described as the one piece original clutch. The dealership said the original clutch is also a 2 tang version but the replacement is "better".

Under what circumstances is the clutch replaced for free? Please help me avoid paying for this if they should be doing it for free. Give me your situation and details if you got yours replaced for free.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
113 Posts
When our dealer replaced the clutch in our Spyder, it was done at Maserati's choice and on their nickel. I had detected no problems with the clutch, but the dealer said they wanted to "put in the new style clutch", so I told them to go ahead.

Good luck getting your dealer to cover yours. I think our original clutch was a 'single-tang' and therefore the dealer covered the work.

From what I've seen on the Ferrari boards, the F1-style transmissions are hard on clutches. We can all probably expect experiences similar to yours, unfortunately.

Brad

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Free clutch?

When I asked the dealership about how others got a free clutch replacement, the reply was that it was true with the very early 02's. Turns out mine already had the 2 tang clutch and was just worn out. It was replaced with an upgraded version of the 2 tang'd clutch (I think it is thicker and hopefully last a little longer). The job done at the dealership was $2200 total ($1500 parts and $700 labor). I also had a oil change which turned out to be $250 for those who haven't had that done yet. They used AGIP synthetic oil and said the oil only needed to be changed every 6k miles.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Clutch Replacement - is it under warranty?

I have a 2002 cc coupe with a single tang clutch.
Can anyone who has had the upgrade done to a two-tang under warranty provide any details about this work e.g. is there a Maserati campaign number which applies?
My (UK) dealership is "debating" whether or not this is a warranty job.

They have a campaign outstanding for cc s/ware upgrade but cannot apply it to a single-tang clutch!

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
barbuckle
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing