Maserati Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
I will shortly have some very nice drivers available.

They will be 6 1/2" poly cones with a 2" voice coil. I have some now ( 5 1/4 & 6 1/2) with three (3) inch voice coils but they are a bit pricey. They handle huge amounts of power though.

I will also have a few very small and nice tweeters.

You can do very neat upgrades with these drivers very easily.

·
Registered
513 Posts
not 100% accurate

for the Spyder they list the rear speakers as 6x9's. they are actually 5.25 rounds

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
677 Posts
I put Memphis speakers in all around - plug and play, no cutting required - except the wires for the crossovers - still far from a great system but for a few hundred bucks, a huge improvement over stock. A new amp may make a bigger difference but I'm not sure it's worth the expense and effort without replacing the head unit.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I put Memphis speakers in all around - plug and play, no cutting required - except the wires for the crossovers - still far from a great system but for a few hundred bucks, a huge improvement over stock. A new amp may make a bigger difference but I'm not sure it's worth the expense and effort without replacing the head unit.
You can certainly keep the factory head and add a amp, spkrs, and a OEM integration piece that will get you a full range signal after the factory amp and achieve first class sound. You can achieve this with any factory head these days with the Oem peices they make. When we install high end custom sound systems we would rather keep the factory head unless it has poor nav or no ability to add ipod or SAt radio then we will change it. With the Maseratis we actually keep the factory head in every model offered for the past 5 yrs and get great sound quality out of them.

Here is the speakers and amps that we choose to do in all our clients cars.

http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/ SPEAKERS/SUBS/PASSIVES

http://www.audison.eu/ AMPLIFIERS

We have had great sucess with using theses two companies and I would say that you could use there entry level lines and it would sound better than most high end lines. They make something for everyones budget.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Custom Sub Enclosure?

Has anyone done a custom sub enclosure to fit the spare wheel well on the Coupes?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes, We have done a single 10" which sounded pretty awesome. I was quite surprised how the bass got into the cabin... I wil post some pics when I get back to the office on Tues...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jeremy form Advanced Audio in Sharon did my 2005 Maserati Coupe-AWESOME job-we replaced the front speakers with Hertz and the rear sides with Focals which were plug and play. He added a kick-a** Audison amp and Audiocontrol to the trunk rear wall and a 10 JL audio subwoofer in the spare tire well. The amp drives the front speakers and subwoofer. He also hard wired my Bel STI radar deector and Chetah GPS mirror which is wirelessly connected to a 4 head PASS laser jammer system. Sounds amazing and the install was immaculate!! Have added the full spectrum of FD modifications and the car is a beast. We are plunning on putting in a Kuda phone base with rotating Proclip mount for my Zune and will be adding a wire to interface between the CD changer which will allow me to do audio/video from my Zune thru the system-haven't had a chance to connect with him on this-can't wait-will follow with pics when I get a chance. Took alot of research to settle in on a system I am happy with and I want to thank all on the board for the valuable info! Would also like to add that Jeremy is an awesome installer na dgreat guy and is the go-to guy for Ferarri-Maserati ew England.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I can tell you that from what I have seen that Jeremy has done in his work, he is creative, innovative, and his work is very functional.

Three tough areas for car stereo people to achieve.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do you know of anyone in Houston you would recommend?
If not, would you kindly give details as to which amp and speaker models you suggest?

Thank you, Eddie

·
Registered
905 Posts
Jeremy,

What does it cost to take a Quattroporte from stock, to something "quite nice" in terms of sound and iPOD integration? Since MA is a little far for me, hwo do you recommend I find someone out in the Kansas City area?

Thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
Jeremy,

What does it cost to take a Quattroporte from stock, to something "quite nice" in terms of sound and iPOD integration? Since MA is a little far for me, hwo do you recommend I find someone out in the Kansas City area?

Thanks
Give me a call so we can discuss what you would like to do and I will help find some one in your area that is qualified to do the install.

781-784-7974

1 - 18 of 18 Posts