Maserati Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any trouble with Formula Dynamics products such as the drive by wire or the performance chip? If you have did they stand behind there productor should I seek alternative course of action?

Thanks for any help regarding this matter.
Tom Potts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Jeff has always

stood behind his products. I haven't had a real problem yet, but when I thought I might have, he was right there to fix or answer questions.. What kind of problems are you having?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Formula dynamics

There are times when the car seems dead. Took out the drive by wire seems to have corrected the problem. The car withe the chip is very hard to start, the check engine light comes on and the slow down light comes on (book says its a hot cat.)

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
FD is a well regarded supplier and a sponsor of the site. If there are issues, it'd be best to speak to them directly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Formula

Bigfoot I've got a call in so does the shop that did the install. Don't you think this would have been the first course of action?????

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
First and best :)

Jeff's a stand up guy, I am sure you'll get it all sorted out. Keep an eye out for him on here too, as he sometimes logs in under username FormulaDynamics.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Formula

Bigfoot, I'm shure Jeff is a great guy, I just want my car to work the right way (like I paid for) The people doing the install do great work on Beemers Ferrari's Lambo's ect. Hell I'll pay for half his airfair if he has to come over to Philadelphia and fix it! I want the car to run (faster than stock) with no problems.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Of course mate :)

I hope you do get it sortd asap.

I am due to make a whole load of upgrades, including some parts from FD, so I sure hope it all goes smoothly and sympathise with your situation :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
DBWEM issues

I have had some quirks with the DBWEM;
1. The first one turned out to be a faulty harness. Jeff sent me a replacement harness and DBWEM box.
2. If I drive to a store to make a quick stop, shutting the car off and then restarting within 10-15min, sometimes the computer goes into limp home mode where it will not easily rev over 4k rpm. Shutting the car off and restarting seems to fix the problem. Jeff and I are still working on this one.

All said, Jeff has been great to deal with!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I would have your mechanic call Jeff directly..

Jeff always answers the phone. From there your problem will be solved in short order.... I have the DBW, it works great with the ECU upgrade and without. I like both programs. The new ECU works well also but I am currently waiting to do further testing on it until after I get this NOS Octane Booster with MMT out of my gas tank as it's causing the emissions controls to go bezerk...

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
Hi Tom,

We're all about customer service and standing behind our product.

I did receive your mechanics call today. I've been completely responsive. I spoke to him on the phone for over 30 minutes. He had done what I had previously asked him to check on and responded with the results as planned between us. I told him if those tests didn't work to call in and report so we could tweak the programs as necessary. He did and we invited him to send in the products and we'll swap out new parts to correct the issue. Assuming that it is our product that's the problem, all should be well.

I'll return a call to you tomorrow to speak about it as I did just receive your message. He did not mention that you had tried to reach me nor provided me your direct contact info at any point. He purchased the product directly and was handling it directly. Rather nice of a mechanic really.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

·
Registered
15 Posts
FormulaDynamics -

I live in the SoCal area and will be receiving my 08 GT my the middle/end of this month. Wanted to know if you guys do installs of your products yourself and what the turnaround time would be for pretty much most things that are available for the GT. I don't know/trust many people with the car so I would prefer it be done by someone who has done it before/makes the product.

Also would you recommend any good high end audio installers in SoCal (although I know you are in LV). I am want to switch out the navigation system.

Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Formula

Bigfoot, Grandlknatv and the rest you were correct about Formula Dynamics, they stand behind there products and are going to address the problems. Jeff was very helpful and I'm going to purchase additional upgrades.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts