Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Formula Dynamics USA - Las Vegas, NV Announces release of a Performance Anti Sway Bar Kit (Stabilizer Bars) for the Maserati 4200 Coupe, Spyder And Gransport Models - http://www.formuladynamics.com/products/4200_antiswaybars/4200_antiswaybars.php

This development will now allow Maserati owners to achieve a higher level of mechanical grip and balance in handling for their Maserati Sports Cars. As always feel free to contact me with any questions! Best Regards, -- Jeff

·
Registered
518 Posts
Jeff,
Do these fit stock bushings? I know that was the complaint with the modena sways besides the fact they were only available in europe

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just ordered the kit - Jeff said bushings are included...

I have another track event on October 13 and 14 so we will see how these affect the feel....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Jeff I have a 2003 coupe that I use as an everyday car it is a manual with skyhook.Living in New Jersey the roads are bad and the car already rides hard ,but I would love better handling so will the new kit make the car ride more comfortable or more firm than it already is?Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Once I get the first set of stuff set up (dropping the car off at the garage tomorrow), these may come in next ;)

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Formula Dynamics AntiSway Bar Kit - Stabilizer Bars

Hi guys. Thanks for all the interest.

Yes, we had our own custom bushings made. Front and rear are polyurethane with new brackets to fit them, fresh grease included. I'll get some pictures of the bushings up shortly. No drilling out old rubber bushings like the modena-tec kit and I think we're about 1/2 the price.

The anti-sway bar kit will not make the car softer. The good thing about sway bars is that they are at rest in a straight line. It's when the car drops a wheel or leans into a corner that they begin to work.

We didn't want to go any stiffer on the spring kits because if we had more of you would have issues with it being too harsh around town or on the freeway. Instead we have now worked on the anti-sway bars which will allow the car to be stiffer in the corners but not too stiff driving down the road.

Consider this stage 2 performance for the corners. I still recommend the springs to go on first.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts