Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought new DBW, lowering springs, spacers and X-pipe from Jeff at FD and had Richard Garre from Radcliffe install them along with new tires. And my Maserati feels and drives totally awesome. It feels almost like my 575M.
Jeff was absolutely great to deal with and Richard at Radcliffe as always, has done a superb job getting everything right. He also services my 575 so he is great. Thanks Jeff and Richard and also thanks to this forum as I followed others who has done the mods before.
Matt:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Ottimo, I have always had a hankering for a 575M and have thought about trading my GS in for one on a few occasions. This is around (1) the allure of a 575 to me, and (2) what I imagine to be increased performance. I suspect that the 575 has the stance and mass to be more grounded at serious speed and with that much more mid-top end power. I also suspect that lower end power is probably a wash due to the weigh differential between the GS and 575.

My car is pretty well modded, springs, DBW, de-cats, sway bars, spacers, improved lines/pads (not the big brake kit), probably a couple of other things, but no ECU.

Could you describe the performance (and more qualitative) differences? It would be great to hear firsthand from someone who owns both, and how much of a gap there is between the two cars.

BTW you must get the sway bars, they're a game-changer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bluyork
I have the 575M with Fiorano handling package FHP, and CF racing seats clad in leather. Technically there isn't whole lot comparable between the two. I love my 575M and it has a very precise handling, has a stiff suspension not as sporty suspension as my F430 but then again it is a GT. It is very quick (4.1 sec to 60) and agile and V12 purrs like a cat and runs effortlessly. However, my Maser now feels much better and feels sportier but not quite comparable to 575. I bought my Maser first in '05 and then bought my '08 F430 new and 575M last year with 5K miles on it.
I love the Maser as a DD and it has been very dependable. If you can do it you should keep the GS for DD and get a 575M. They are quite reasonable now and are perfect GTs. I don't drive the 575 as a DD b/c of ignorant people. They already keyed my Maser with big scratches.
575s are awesome cars!
Matt

·
Registered
478 Posts
Matt, good stuff. I didn't think it could be comparable but you said "feels like" and I thought, well maybe somehow it reaches out into 575 territory. Your suggestion is the right one, keep the GS and get the 575, but for room and I really love my GS. I remember running with a 575 about a year ago and I felt utterly under-equipped.

·
Registered
146 Posts
bluyork
I have the 575M with Fiorano handling package FHP, and CF racing seats clad in leather. Technically there isn't whole lot comparable between the two. I love my 575M and it has a very precise handling, has a stiff suspension not as sporty suspension as my F430 but then again it is a GT. It is very quick (4.1 sec to 60) and agile and V12 purrs like a cat and runs effortlessly. However, my Maser now feels much better and feels sportier but not quite comparable to 575. I bought my Maser first in '05 and then bought my '08 F430 new and 575M last year with 5K miles on it.
I love the Maser as a DD and it has been very dependable. If you can do it you should keep the GS for DD and get a 575M. They are quite reasonable now and are perfect GTs. I don't drive the 575 as a DD b/c of ignorant people. They already keyed my Maser with big scratches.
575s are awesome cars!

Matt

Unfortunately there are a lot of ignorant people in the world, for example your stable is certainly more impressive than mine and still I decide to use it as motivation for an F-430 of my own at some point....unfortunately some people decide to be ignorant instead of motivated.

I bet we could all have quite a lengthy thread of "hater" stories here on the "life" boards :cheers:

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Let's not go there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts