Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an '06 Maserati Gran Sport Spyder. It is still under warranty and I was wondering if the Formula Dynamcis products are sanctioned by Maserati? If not, do they void the warranty for the respective componants associated with the upgrade and/or void the entire vehicle warranty? Sounds like they offer some very exciting upgrades and are very thorough in their testing and dedicated to service and support but I don't want to jeopardize the support of my dealer or Maserati.
Thanks for your feedback.

·
5,887 Posts
Aftermarket products, like many of those sold by Formula Dynamics, are not endorsed by Maserati. Anything you change on your car may affect the warranty on related parts if Maserati believes the aftermarket part contributed to the failure. Of course, new wheel spacers, for example, should not affect warranty work on an F1 pump.

With all that said, Jeff (Formula Dynamics) is a great guy and his customer service is top notch. I would not hesitate to buy any, or all, of his products.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Vendor
4,738 Posts
Well said Travis and thanks for your support.

Honestly, we have Maserati dealers today that sell and install our products, just like they will install a Tubi Exhaust, Aftermarket Wheels or a Stereo.

The dealers and the factory do not endorse the products except in the rare case of a Dinan / BMW arrangement. Maserati is not likely to ever have such an arrangement as they have a higher performance brand... Ferrari. So if you ask them... they say buy the Ferrari!

With that said, to my knowledge we still have not had a warranty denial.

As Travis mentioned, they do not invalidate the warranty on the entire car if there were to be a problem. There does need to be a real reason for a denial and there is customer protection in place such as the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act.

Another point is that there are many examples on the road today of Maseratis with FD upgrades and excellent results.

So the answer is... you should be safe. However in the end it will be up to your dealer, the factory and you.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discuss it with your dealer. You may be surprised to find they already have experience with Jeff's products. I would have no problem installing them on a customers or my own vehicle. I have yet to have a concern with anything form Jeff or F.D.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone! I'll check with my dealer and go from there. Jeff, in the event the dealer doesnt kill the idea, where would you "start" with mods? If I am looking for noticeable improvement (best bang for the buck) in performance, handling, aesthetics (visual and aural) what would you start with in each catagory? or how would you spend approx $3k? I have an '06 GSS. Thanks.
1, spacers, springs or sway bars?
2, DBW or ECU
3, Sport cats, mufflers, other?

·
5,887 Posts

·
Vendor
4,738 Posts
Travis may be right... keep in mind that the dealer doesn't have much to gain by telling you that everything will be alright. Not to say that they would use the excuse but they dont' want to paint themselves in a corner either.

For the mods, I believe that the Sport Springs and DBW are game changing upgrades. They would be at the top of my list.

Next is the exhaust and I'd want to discuss that with you as there are many combinations that we can go with and a personalized service is necessary to help you achieve your goals.

With that said... I would probably pick the new Larini De-Cat or Sport Cat options. +37 ft / lbs of torque and +18hp is hard to beat!

The Sport Cats are on our site now, the Decats will be up there within a week. We have both products out to MLife customers who will post their reviews.

However I can tell you first hand that they are tremendous new products...

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm game for the upgrades

I appreciate everyone sharing their experience (compared to my lack there of).
Jeff I will give you a call after I have my dealer do a thorough inspection i.e clutch, brake life % etc.

I'm hoping this is premature but considering the car has almost 11k on it I saw a comment in a thread regarding kevlar coating on a replacement cc trans. Anyone have any info on this or can you send me a link for more details?

Thanks again!

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts