Maserati Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeff,

How about some custom FD badges so we can show off our mods? Something nice (in metal) like AMG, Dinan etc.?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
and make it look like a cheaply tuned japan car?...

i won't say no to a badge, but would only use it if it matched the style of the car.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Blasphemy!

I really appreciate FD's work and I am a client of them, but God forbid having a tuner badge on a Maserati.

Please ;)

·
Registered
695 Posts
Hmmm. I never equated Dinan, Renntech, Novitec Rosso, etc to be cheap "japanese" tuning...

Perhaps incorporate a FD logo unto a small discrete Italian Flag emblem to stick to the front fenders...

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
it's his brand and he can decide.
but as an owner's perspective, really, there is no need.

it's not like you run into a parking lot fully of maserati's that you need to display publicly you are so into your maserati...

the general public would have no idea what formula dynamics is anyways.
some of them would know have a hard time understanding what brabus/ruf/alpina versus renntech/techart/schnitzer.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Hmmm. I never equated Dinan, Renntech, Novitec Rosso, etc to be cheap "japanese" tuning...

Perhaps incorporate a FD logo unto a small discrete Italian Flag emblem to stick to the front fenders...
FD is an italian company? or Jeff is italian?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
personally, I wouldn't put a tuner's badge on my car but, I would be a fan of a paper or peel & stick FD logo/sign that could be displayed in my garage with the others that I have been collecting (e.g. Maserati, Momo, Pirelli, etc....you get the idea). To be used for garage decorations.....

·
Registered
150 Posts
personally, I wouldn't put a tuner's badge on my car but, I would be a fan of a paper or peel & stick FD logo/sign that could be displayed in my garage with the others that I have been collecting (e.g. Maserati, Momo, Pirelli, etc....you get the idea). To be used for garage decorations.....
Great idea if you collect stickers, badges etc.
I have asked Jeff for a peel & stick FD logo for quite some time.
I am still waiting, but haven't given up, - right Jeff?
Guys, FYI I have a "few select stickers" on my baby, palced in the door sill like my "Tale-of-the-Dragon", but not to be seen except when the door is open.
I would be honored to place an FD sticker there as well.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I wasn't thinking of something garish like an import tuner.

I really don't think it's blasphemy either. This has been done for decades on both sides of the Atlantic on many cars that are far more desireable than my Maserati. Some pretty exotic iron displays the work of their tuners in the form of a badge or logo - no different than an artist signing their work.

Take a look at an EDO tuned MC12 - there are only a dozen or so of these cars in the world. The EDO logo allows an aficionado(not the average Joe) to determine who did the modification work (and obviously something was done because the car looks different than stock). It is a subtle way of emphasizing why a car is different than its stock cousins.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I wasn't thinking of something garish like an import tuner.

I really don't think it's blasphemy either. This has been done for decades on both sides of the Atlantic on many cars that are far more desireable than my Maserati. Some pretty exotic iron displays the work of their tuners in the form of a badge or logo - no different than an artist signing their work.

Take a look at an EDO tuned MC12 - there are only a dozen or so of these cars in the world. The EDO logo allows an aficionado(not the average Joe) to determine who did the modification work (and obviously something was done because the car looks different than stock). It is a subtle way of emphasizing why a car is different than its stock cousins.
some artist sign their work on the back...

i wonder how many tuners in the world actually worked extensively on MC12's.

not sure if edo competition's are subtle. aside from their MC12 and the MC12 R, their other cars, MC 12 Corsa and MC 12 XX's paint job are quite loud. (as well as their other cars).

all in all, their graphics are mostly for advertising, not that there is anything wrong with it.

·
Registered
624 Posts
V, it's a great idea you have, seems as tho FD has almost become a sub-culture within the brand here. Everyone's so loyal. The actual FD home page, (with what ever brand you choose for the car on it), would be a great garage banner, (not sure about the metal piece) and there are a ton of cos. that could easily pull that up right from the net, (tho it would look better with hi res file for them to use if FD was willing), and print it for you on just about any substraight you wanted very inexpensively.

This is just one but there are 1,000's to choose from on the net:

http://4over4.com/vinyl-banner-posters.aspx

I do in store promos, very large qty runs of this kind of thing for promotional programs, we have in house equipment and do this stuff all the time for floor/wall vinyl decals, banners, spinners, etc....kind of like Fathead if you're familiar, it's all digital, not complicated.

S.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what about a license plate frame. a friend of mine that owns z car garage has them for his shop.
That's a good idea. I still have the Westminster Mercedes frame on mine because it is such a nice heavy chromed piece.

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
We've considered creating a small stick on aluminum badge for the interior and an external stick on badge in the future for "package" customers similar to Dinan. The interior badge could be anywhere: near the door latch, center console, glove box, under the hood, etc... just to confirm the parts are authentic and to show some pride and class for the upgrades.

Some customers will apply them, some may not. In any case, it should be classy.

We actually do have a garage banner... Some of our shops get them to let customers know that there are quality performance products for the Maserati.

http://www.formuladynamics.com/marketing/FD-10ft-Dealer-Banner_web.jpg

We've made them for a few customers as well who wanted them in their garage ( without the Authorized Dealer text )

Kai, has asked for stickers which we'll be producing soon as well.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
That's a good idea. I still have the Westminster Mercedes frame on mine because it is such a nice heavy chromed piece.

As in Westminster, Colorado? The dealer about 6 miles west of me?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As in Westminster, Colorado? The dealer about 6 miles west of me?
That's the one, it's a small world.

I actually bought two cars from the used sales guy there (Jared) in quick succession - the Spyder and a few months later, an 04 BMW X3 for my wife. I drove the Maserati back to Alberta and had the BMW shipped sight unseen. Great transactions in both cases - very customer focused. I would definately recommend them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts