Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently performed a FD spring install and documented the process.
My focus was to cover what is done and how to do it, I have also added
Alignment specs and parts diagrams. Jeff and myself are very happy with it so I am sharing with the community. This one is a big PDF, too big for this server, so follow the link...

http://www.universalautosports.com/kent/4200Springinstall.pdf

I hope this helps to address some questions regarding spring installs.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Very nicely done, Kent! Very impressive.

My mechanic would have loved that, but it's too late for us...

Thank you!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Kent - Thanks for the PDF! I've been hesitant about buying the springs without knowing what's involved in the install, so this is very welcome. If you don't mind my asking, what did the install run? Best - Bill

·
Registered
431 Posts
springs install procedure

Fantastic work Kent! Just what I wanted. seems more complicated than I thought- but I bet the drive now makes it worth while. I dare say that Jeff will now sell more of these spring kits.

THANKS KENT

PS. I'll be round yours at the weekend so you can do mine. I just need to book my flight from UK.

Now can you do the same for the clutch/F1 relay please?

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
Gentlemen,

Although my relationship with Kent, Anthony and UA is fairly new. I can't say enough about how well they've been doing for our customers. Everyone has had excellent comments and results. We look forward to working with them for a long time.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gentlemen,
Thanks for the compliments. Feel free to PM me regarding any details.
The entire operation is 15 hours, this includes the replacement of the lower shock bushings,of course detailing and painting take more time. Sometimes I readjust the ride height and or perform a second alignment, but I do not charge extra for them. My main goal is to set up the suspension operation for daily utilization, so I keep going until I find the sweet spots. I am happy with Jeff at Formula Dynamic's springs, they are quality items. In the future I plan to cover installation procedures for Jeff's entire line of modifications.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I recently performed a FD spring install and documented the process.
My focus was to cover what is done and how to do it, I have also added
Alignment specs and parts diagrams. Jeff and myself are very happy with it so I am sharing with the community. This one is a big PDF, too big for this server, so follow the link...

http://www.universalautosports.com/kent/4200Springinstall.pdf

I hope this helps to address some questions regarding spring installs.
How many hours four the install?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All told I invested about 25 hours on that job. I detailed the wheel houses and painted the rotors as well. I adjusted the ride height three times and performed two wheel alignments in the name of science.
We normally would charge 15 hours to replace the springs with FD units and replace the 4 lower shock bushings w/ new. Adjust the ride height and perform a wheel alignment. If I have to readjust the ride height or perform a second wheel alignment, I do at no charge. Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts