Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all of MaseratiLife.com.
I am here starting this thread out of curiousity of what a Maserati owner is interested in. I am not looking to sell or push anything. I am not even sure if I can offer anything that you would all be interested in.
Savini Forged is a 3 piece wheel manufacturer based in the USA in Santa fe springs, Ca. We custom make to order all of our wheels in house on one of our own CNC machines. So with this we have the strictest of manufacturing qualities. As a newer wheel company we have established some of the design and technology that make a wheel safe, solid, and reliable. From our patent pending design on the drop well to accept all TPMS(tire pressure monitoring sensors) to the rolled lip design that enables the wheel to be sturdier than most other major brands out there.
What I would like to know from all of you out there with Maserati's is what sizing and styles interest you the most. We currently have 13 wheel designs available. We manufacture our wheels in 19, 20 and 22 inch diameter sizing and in widths begining at 7.5 inches wide and up to 13 inches wide.
Our ads are circulated in Dupont registery, Bimmer, Excellence, King, Ridez, and several others that will be added over the months.
Our wheels are featured in the premiere episode of Unique auto whips on Speed Channel this month also. We are currently working with several high profile celebrities and atheletes to properly intorduce our wheels to everyone.
But we would like to know what it is that Maserati owners preffer. We have our wheels on Ferrari's, Lambo's, porsches, even maybachs and aston martins but no maseratis.
Please take a look at our site, WWW.SaviniForged.com and let us know what catches your eye. Let us know what width and sizing is most preffered by you, the owners and drivers of these fine vehicles.
We carefully machine each wheel to a specific center bore, lug pattern, and also offset at the time of order. No off the shelf parts here. We can even work with a local Maserati driver with our in house teacm of technicians to develop the most aggressive fitment possible without needing modifications and without experiencing wheel to fender rub or turning issues. We are carefull to maintain the original overall diameter of the complete tire also so as to keep the speedometers true at any time. If any of you have photos or ideas feel free to share them with us.
So please allow us to get some feedback from any and all of you out there.
Thank you for reading and for your response.
Savini forged wheels.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
SaviniForgedWheels said:
Hello to all of MaseratiLife.com.
I am here starting this thread out of curiousity of what a Maserati owner is interested in. I am not looking to sell or push anything.....
but it does sound like an advertising to me... lol. but if the mod is okay with you, it's fine.

i honestly have not heard of your brand, and was going to ask you which race team uses your wheels. but after looking at your site, i concluded that perhaps if you add "BLING" to the title: "BLING Forged 3 piece wheels", it would save some other some time.

from what i understand, most people on this forum will be interested in how much the wheel weights, rather than how shiny it is.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bling being an understatement

Perhaps I need to make it out to the Left Coast or perhaps an NBA city but some of the wheels-to reiterate the above-scream bling. Not sure that what you're offering is what many Maserati owners would like on their "sleds". But, hey, what do I know...my three daughters tell me I am hopelessly out of sync....peace out.....Dad.....

KCD

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
STARDOC said:
I'd be interested but as M! puts it, weight plays a bigger role than shine. Please let us know.
I will post some weight soon this week. I do hope the mods aren't against me being here. LOL. I am not offering any buys or info on where to buy, just looking for some feedback.
They do pertain to the bling factor, that is obviously no secret.
These are eye catchers, we are currently sponsoring more show cars than anything else but we are also working with a porsche team and a private ferrai owner/racer to put our wheels on their vehicles.
A general idea of the wieght is about 25-30 pounds per wheel for a 19x9" wheel with a design along the lines of our SV4 which has a larger amount of material due to the style. There are of course lighter wheels such as the SV1 and heavier wheels such as the bold face design of the SV6. A 22x9 inch wheel is in the neighborhood of about 30-35 pounds per wheel.
All of the wheels you see on the website are chrome plated but we offer several finishes. We can do brushed aluminum with clear coat, hyper polished aluminum with bright clear anodizing, or also Powder coating to color match. Thanks for taking the time to read...

·
Registered
39 Posts
We can do brushed aluminum with clear coat, hyper polished aluminum with bright clear anodizing, or also Powder coating to color match. Thanks for taking the time to read...

Are you familiar with the "chrome shadow" on the old (01-03's) M5's? If so is this something you can do?

KCD

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kcdoyle said:
We can do brushed aluminum with clear coat, hyper polished aluminum with bright clear anodizing, or also Powder coating to color match. Thanks for taking the time to read...

Are you familiar with the "chrome shadow" on the old (01-03's) M5's? If so is this something you can do?

KCD

I'm not sure what this looks like but I would be mor than happy to look into it. Are there any links or pix you could help us out with??
thank you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SaviniForgedWheels said:
I'm not sure what this looks like but I would be mor than happy to look into it. Are there any links or pix you could help us out with??
thank you.
I will be posting more specific wheel weights soon today. In the meantime can someone provide me a link or pix to the chrome shadow finish??
I will gladly look into the possibility of doing this for anyone interested.
thank you.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
I think the SV 11 on the 360 doesn't look too bad.

I think the wheel designs are fine, it is just the finish that a lot of people don't like.

·
Registered
39 Posts
SaviniForgedWheels said:
thank you.
Let me look through some of my old posts on the M5 Board. I had mine redone in "Black Chrome "and thought it was a bit too dark. Particularly on Imola. Give me a bit to find a find a pic of the chrome shadow. It was/is actually a beautiful look and fitting for a Maser. In the interim, perhaps you know someone that has a MY '01-'03 M5. Wheels, both finish and design, in my humble opinion were just about perfect.

KCD

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kcdoyle said:
Well it took me a little less time to find it than I thought.

See if this link works for you.

http://www.color-dec.it/english/Metallic_Jewels_pag2.htm

KCD

I see now. This is similar to chrome plating with transparently tinted anodizing over it. I have seen other wheel brands do custom wheels with colors such as blue or red tinted clear anodizing. It offers the same coloring and effect as the photo link you provided except with obviously different colors. I have not looked into doing this with our wheels yet so I would need to get in contact with our local finishers and see if we could offer this for a cost effective price to you.
Thank you for taking the time to find the link to the pix.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Andrew said:
I think the SV 11 on the 360 doesn't look too bad.

I think the wheel designs are fine, it is just the finish that a lot of people don't like.

Once again regarding the finishes Chrome is only the standard because so many people ask for it.
But as I said in an earlier post you can also get hyper polished aluminum or the more refined brushed aluminum.
We also do color powder coating.
Just let me know what a maserati owner would like to see on their car.
Thats why I am here.

·
Registered
39 Posts
SaviniForgedWheels said:
Once again regarding the finishes Chrome is only the standard because so many people ask for it.
But as I said in an earlier post you can also get hyper polished aluminum or the more refined brushed aluminum.
We also do color powder coating.
Just let me know what a maserati owner would like to see on their car.
Thats why I am here.
My understanding is that the BMW Chrome Shadow, was a base of black under a spray that had real elemental silver (that was only about 1 micron or so thick) under a clear coat.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kcdoyle said:
My understanding is that the BMW Chrome Shadow, was a base of black under a spray that had real elemental silver (that was only about 1 micron or so thick) under a clear coat.

I am not familiar with this process but out of curiousity we are looking into it. It is a very nice looking finish. I think it would compliment some of our wheels very nicely.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well we have recieved alot of response and PM's so far regarding our wheels. I'm glad to see that many of you like the wheels. As I said earlier we will be looking into the different finishes out there such as the one that was brought up earlier from the BMW. I do not believe that it would be cost effective to our customers to try and use the exact process as they did but I do believe we can create a similar look with high durability and a quality look.
I'll be sure to keep you posted.
Thanx

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Black shadow finish.

Okay so since the idea of a Black shadow finish has been brought to my attention I have began researchind it.
I have discussed this finish and shown some pix to our wheel finishers and we may be able to replicate the finish in a durable and consistant manner so we are going to start with some more extensive R&D on this.
We are confident that we can create this look with a process that would serve as solid for years to come.
I will be posting pictures and information regarding the process as it materializes.
Thank you for all your feedback and Pm's.........

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay we have finally initiated the ST1 wheel. It is the first in line for our new SUV wheels. These will be 2 piece wheels and available in 22 and 24 inch sizing for you truck guys out there.....
thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bundas said:
trident would be nice, car needs no bling. they are elegant
Exactly, not all cars need bling, they stand out by themselves.
That's why we took the time to make sure we offered several finishes in the best of quality.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
8 Participants
willie
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing