Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery on a 2006 GS Spyder a few days ago. I'm still getting used to the car - it seems to be able to do some extraordinary things with extraordinary drama, and also some rather ordinary things with only a little less drama!

Anyway, I really like the CC transmission in "Sport" mode, but it's sooo sluggish in normal mode. It's clear that the guy who wrote the software didn't have to pay for replacement clutch disks.

I'm looking for a way to lock the transmission in "Sport" mode without telling the Tubi and Skyhook that they should get aggressive too (somewhat loud and rough for everyday, all-the-time use).

Has anyone done this? Seems to me that it should be a dealer personalization option.

TIA,

Deane

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
congrats! that's an interesting idea.
but for those who are reading this, i agre that the Sport mode for the transmission is wonderful, but normal mode is not tremendously sluggish. (you should try other versions of the CC as in older models or normal mode in the DS). as well, IMO, the Tubi and skyhook are not that aggressive for everyday use in sport mode. that's the beauty of the spyder. you are supposed to hear more.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i believe that if a car has an ability to go into sport mode it should stay in sport mode. i have had my 06 gs for 4 months and have never driven it with sport mode off.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gransport13 said:
... i have had my 06 gs for 4 months and have never driven it with sport mode off.
You must have nice smooth roads without much stop-and-go, or else access to discounted aspirin? ;)

My issue is primarily with the Tubi shaking my fillings and those of the drivers around me when pulling from a stop... and a stop.... and a stop. Can't deny it's fun though.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
DeaneG said:
You must have nice smooth roads without much stop-and-go, or else access to discounted aspirin? ;)

My issue is primarily with the Tubi shaking my fillings and those of the drivers around me when pulling from a stop... and a stop.... and a stop. Can't deny it's fun though.
sounds like u need a new dentist. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts