660 Posts
Aha... so-so my bu**

My word to the Forbes journalist: go get a life, su**er

·
Registered
74 Posts
BeeYouZeeZee said:
Great if you like people calling your baby ugly! :mad:
Take an 05/06 coupe or GS, and then a 911. Ask 100 random people which looks prettier....the Maserati or the Porsche. I bet my life 80% say the Maserati. I say that because when I drove around in a 911, it caused little commotion. As most Maserati drivers on this board would likely attest, drive the Maser around and people go nuts.

So....for this Forbes author to say my baby is ugly....well I just can't agree. He's probably never seen one in person, and at the risk of sounding bitter, he probably drives a Kia.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Drove my Mas to work this morning - zoomed up Pokfulam and then onto Central... honestly I cant tell whetehr there were more people starring or not... but i do know when my car is stationary, I get people walking around it in circles.

The success of the replacement will highlydepend on its price tag... and beware my fellow board members, we will soon have a whole different gene pool to the Maserati forum.

But then as Darwinism goes, inbreeding too much is no good... so if there's anyone who is planning to get the new coupe, please post pics/comments/anxieties etc!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
it's forbes so i guess they would like the new car.
there is really not much for the writer to base the article on.
the history is good review for some readers so that they get interested in the brand.

Vincent said:
Drove my Mas to work this morning - zoomed up Pokfulam and then onto Central...!
haha. there is a victory road just beside it =P

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Well, I like "my baby" better. I never cared for the QP's styling versus the Coupe, but that's clearly a matter of personal preference. I always preferred the Coupe over the GS as well (never liked the ricey-looking ground effects nor the wheels). Again, that's just me...

I'm seriously considering "doubling down" and putting some money into my current Coupe in the area of springs, sound system, exhaust...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I made the cover article of this Forbes site three months ago. It was for the bloody-anal-discharge I got from Taco Bell and their E. Coli chalupas. Seems like they are still talking shite.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The article isn't that inflammatory. No biggy.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Certainly the coupe has not proven over popular.

I think one of the big marks against it is people see the car and assume it is 3x the actual price and never think that it is a possible alternative to their 911 or whatever.

People still stop in traffic (and hold traffic up!) to take pictures of my car with their cell phones.

Styling wise, Giugiaro is really the master, a classic beautiful shape with curves in all the right places.

I think Maserati realized also that the Cambiocorsa is not for everyone. Ideally the new coupe what have had automatic as standard, and CC for the enthusiasts (like the QP).

I never would have bought my coupe if it was automatic. Also the styling by Giugiaro was a major point in the decision.

However, the interior build quality and materials are just crap --- I certainly was expecting better quality and the new coupe looks quite nice inside, will see how it turns out.

OTOH, mechanically my car has been basically flawless apart from squawking clutch which was fixed early on.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Glenn Wallace said:
Styling wise, Giugiaro is really the master, a classic beautiful shape with curves in all the right places.
Yes, both aggressive and understated. Not many people understand it, we don't blame them. :cool:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Whatever...

The article isnt even about the coupe/GS models. So he panned the look of our cars. The author has probably never driven it, never owned it, and never will.

The good news is as the new car continues to be looked over, the press may well long for the classic coupe/GS's of yesteryear that they were so quick to dis!

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Actually, 06GS, the writer panned the looks of the *previous* generation coupes, GS's, and such....

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Here's what I sent the author of the article, Dan Lienert:

===================

Hi, Dan.

Nice to see the Trident getting some exposure…but now, for the rest of the story… ;-)

I have to take issue with a few comments in your article. Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but there are many (myself included), who find the Giugaro styling vastly superior to the Pininfarina look of the new GT. Also, the fact that the Maserati didn’t become another 911 is a wonderful thing…I see a dozen 911’s a day, but my Maserati Coupe is distinctive, elegant, and a blast to drive with more style, power, and uniqueness than almost anything Porsche can produce. Not only does it get me where I need to go quickly, but it can legitimately seat four, something that neither a 911 nor a 6-series can honestly claim. And it turns heads and garners “cell phone camera envy” all too often. A peek at the Ferrari engine under the hood, and a few moments settled into the well-styled leather interior wins over the last few converts.

Rather, I think the new GT is a “mainstreaming” of the marque. The transmission choice emphasizes this point. They’re clearly marketing to the “Jag audience” – or those who don’t have the patience or interest in actually driving the car, but want it as a point-and-shoot status symbol. Once you’ve spent time with the Cambiocorsa paddle shifting system (and learn how to drive it – always drive in the Sport setting and always shift above 5000 RPM’s), the performance is grin-inducing.

Again, I’m glad to see Maserati getting more visibility, but I must respectfully disagree that the earlier Coupes and Spyders were a disappointment. In fact, at used prices in the $45-75K range, they’re probably the one of the best exotic bargains out there.

All the best,

Rick Bullotta
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania

·
Registered
74 Posts
RickBullotta said:
Here's what I sent the author of the article, Dan Lienert:

===================

Hi, Dan.

Nice to see the Trident getting some exposure…but now, for the rest of the story… ;-)

I have to take issue with a few comments in your article. Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but there are many (myself included), who find the Giugaro styling vastly superior to the Pininfarina look of the new GT. Also, the fact that the Maserati didn’t become another 911 is a wonderful thing…I see a dozen 911’s a day, but my Maserati Coupe is distinctive, elegant, and a blast to drive with more style, power, and uniqueness than almost anything Porsche can produce. Not only does it get me where I need to go quickly, but it can legitimately seat four, something that neither a 911 nor a 6-series can honestly claim. And it turns heads and garners “cell phone camera envy” all too often. A peek at the Ferrari engine under the hood, and a few moments settled into the well-styled leather interior wins over the last few converts.

Rather, I think the new GT is a “mainstreaming” of the marque. The transmission choice emphasizes this point. They’re clearly marketing to the “Jag audience” – or those who don’t have the patience or interest in actually driving the car, but want it as a point-and-shoot status symbol. Once you’ve spent time with the Cambiocorsa paddle shifting system (and learn how to drive it – always drive in the Sport setting and always shift above 5000 RPM’s), the performance is grin-inducing.

Again, I’m glad to see Maserati getting more visibility, but I must respectfully disagree that the earlier Coupes and Spyders were a disappointment. In fact, at used prices in the $45-75K range, they’re probably the one of the best exotic bargains out there.

All the best,

Rick Bullotta
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Rick,

Very nicely put.....let us know what, if anything, you hear.

Steve

·
Registered
824 Posts
dchao said:
Yes, both aggressive and understated. Not many people understand it, we don't blame them. :cool:
I've never really been one for the shape or appearance of cars (preferring function over form) but something about the coupe shape really fires some neuron keyed by DNA, in the way that male crabs want to hump something with the silhouette of a female crab.

Just washing the car and feeling each curve fires those same neurons.

An then you layer on top of that the elegance of the stance and the trim, and then the add in the power of the drivetrain, and you have the automotive equivalent of Angelina Jolie in a black tight fitting evening dress, a beautiful diamond necklace, and no underwear.

Clearly, I have too much time on my hands!!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Glenn Wallace said:
I've never really been one for the shape or appearance of cars (preferring function over form) but something about the coupe shape really fires some neuron keyed by DNA, in the way that male crabs want to hump something with the silhouette of a female crab.

Just washing the car and feeling each curve fires those same neurons.

An then you layer on top of that the elegance of the stance and the trim, and then the add in the power of the drivetrain, and you have the automotive equivalent of Angelina Jolie in a black tight fitting evening dress, a beautiful diamond necklace, and no underwear.

Clearly, I have too much time on my hands!!
OMFG! That's exactly it! Every time I wash her I feel the same way! My wife actually said "I'm jealous of her butt" That pretty much says it all!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I love your wife's butt....oops...did I say that.......
;-)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts