Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you hapy with the car overall and do you still enjoy driving it ?
Looking to purchase a Gransport Coupe 05 or 06 in the next 30 days or so have my eyes on a few.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have had mine for just about 3 weeks now and I could never imagine not having it. It is to date the best car I own. I would focus on the 06's since the warranties go til 2010.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've had my '05 for abt. 2 months and am enjoying it. It's a bit quirky and I wouldn't want to depend on it for a daily driver, but it's fun.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I've had my Gransport Spyder for 15 months and do depend on it as my daily driver, 25-50 miles/day. It's a blast.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have an 05 Gransport and love it. It is a third car and not a daily driver, but I really look forward to the weekend to take it for a spin. I find every excuse possible to take it out of the garage and run errands or play golf (two things I look forward to doing). With the weather here as bad as it has been over the last couple of weeks, I am looking for some break in the clouds to open up the GS on the freshly cleaned streets.

·
Registered
173 Posts
A dream come true- everything I had hoped for-makes me grin every time I start it up and head out for a drive!
Don't agonize - do it!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well mine's been in the stealership for a week now getting some bits & bobs sorted & I'm missing it.. has to be a good sign!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Gs

I just got rid of my GS 2005; used as daily driver about 15K miles

Steering rack failure
Engine fromt seal leak/replacement
Engine hood stuck closed require dealer service
Car alarm goes off while driving
Driver side window fell into door
Charging system problems
Failure AC/heating system
constant rattling rear suspension noises
F1 pump failure
Clutch release bearing failure

Yes < I bought it new.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an 06 and love it, I've owned alot of sports cars, and none of them are as cool or fun to drive as the GS, the sound alone is worth every penny.

My dad and I both have 06 Gransports and hes upgrading to the GranTurismo, don't know why, I like the GS alot better, but hes only wanting $71,000 for his 06 GS.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=21&pageNumber=0&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE+descending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-|E-|M-_72_|D-_3469_|N-N|R-30|I-1|P-PRICE+descending|Q-descending|Z-79707&aff=national&paId=255507722&recnum=0&leadExists=true

·
Registered
722 Posts
Steering rack failure
Charging system problems
F1 pump failure

Sounds like a Mercedes I had towed away last year!

·
Registered
108 Posts

Steering rack failure
Charging system problems
F1 pump failure

Yes < I bought it new.
Ouch! One of those infamous Friday production cars or what?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Love It 2005 GS

Best car I have owned, I have put 7K in less then 1yr on the GS, after 28K on my 2002 coupe. I am 50/50 on the daily driver thoughts, not a cheep car to pile on the miles and if your in a lot of traffic it sucks. Even though I am good and working with the CC it's still a pain in the but moving in stop and go traffic. Most of my miles are road trips and back road GT driving...

Paul

·
Registered
722 Posts
I should amend my position to say that while you can certainly daily-driver the Maser as I do, a Camry hybrid is a better fit. But life feels too short to live like that.

·
Registered
660 Posts

Steering rack failure
Charging system problems
F1 pump failure

Yes < I bought it new.

I've got some bits and bobs to iron-out, but nothing to the degree of the driver-side window just falling down...

·
Registered
237 Posts
2006 GS
15K miles
Car runs beautifully.
Love it....won't sell it anytime soon!

·
Registered
478 Posts
I couldn't be happier with mine. And as I tell my wife, if one put a stethoscope to my nuts, one would hear the rumble of my Gransport V8.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts