Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be due for my first service next month, only have ~3,500 miles but guess it's been a year.

So, to avoid having any unsolicited campaigns done by the dealer while in service, do I:

a) Tell them that I have a modified ECU so don't touch anything in that area.

or

b) Tell them that I am really anal so don't change anything non mechanical before calling me.

The first choice would be easier but not sure about implications. Or for warranty's sake let them do whatever and then pay EuroTek their "nominal fee" to reprogram...

·
Registered
835 Posts
or ask them to let you know when ECU update is needed, you love the way how the cambio changes gear and you've heard bad things about the software updates.

·
Registered
246 Posts
That's what I did. I just said I was really happy with the way the car was setup, and unless a factory ECU upgrade was required for safety reasons, that I did not want them to do any updates.
They didn't have a problem with this. My dealer is FM of San Francisco.
Mike

·
Registered
681 Posts
RQ said:
I'll be due for my first service next month, only have ~3,500 miles but guess it's been a year.

So, to avoid having any unsolicited campaigns done by the dealer while in service, do I:

a) Tell them that I have a modified ECU so don't touch anything in that area.

or

b) Tell them that I am really anal so don't change anything non mechanical before calling me.

The first choice would be easier but not sure about implications. Or for warranty's sake let them do whatever and then pay EuroTek their "nominal fee" to reprogram...
Do NOT do choice A unless you want to lose your warranty.

Most of my customers do the following.

Just talk to the service department and make a white lie.

I had one guy though who told me he just slipped the service manager $100 and told him to make sure the ECU wasn't touched. I don't know if this was true but I thought it was funny.

·
Registered
31 Posts
ECU improvement

I do not have any guidance for the dilemma, but I was hoping you can give me some feedback on your NAPerformance ECU change as I am thinking of doing the same for a 2002 coupe GT.
Can you talk about what the process involves and your perception of the performance?
Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Jim,

Personally I remain thrilled with the ECU mod, would do it again in a heartbeat.

Since I did mine as part of a group buy there is quite a bit of info and varied opinions on the topic here, do a search and you'll find lots of stuff.

Of course let me know if you still have any questions after that.

Best,

RQ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
RQ
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing